X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

MOTU Origins wave 13 first look.

Previously leaked 2002 King Randor, Snake Teela, Snake Trooper and unannounced Slamurai

So, I guess the line isn't ending after all. Don't worry I'm sure the MOTU line is dead people will just move the goal posts yet again.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Slamurai is a (cheap) terrific variant, I have wanted him since I discovered the character. I'm a bit surprised his eyes aren't humanized.

Randor II looks very cool, that kilt suggests custom possibilities. This wave is very economical tooling-wise and includes troop-builders. Wise move, Mattel.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Not the strongest wave but a nice break from so many Sun Man heavy ones.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

They seem set on exploiting 200x. That's fine, but I also want vintage and POP.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
          Career Member
          • Jan 19, 2019

Hmm... They're trying to cut some costs huh...
          Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by KingKickass1983
            Hmm... They're trying to cut some costs huh...
            I'm all for it, that's what made the vintage line so successful initially and it was a feature of MOTU Classics as well.

The interchangeable aspect of these figures helps, but many of the remaining figures--Sy-Klone, Two-Bad, Snake-Face etc.--have unique tooling. Off-setting that cost with some less-expensive characters is just good business IMO.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              They seem set on exploiting 200x. That's fine, but I also want vintage and POP.
              Which is kind of weird considering 2002 was the least successful MOTU line.

It is also kind of frustrating we are getting such obscure concept figures in the line but no Catra, Bow, Frosta, Swift Wind, etc. They haven't even finished the Horde figures.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Most of 200x is quite ugly, but the Origins treatment is an improvement. That said, I don't want much more of it--selfishly, I'd rather see ROTS or especially Fuerza-T.

I'm a huge Horde fan and would be disappointed if we didn't get at least Modulok--who could be streamlined to a version similar to Mantenna to save $$. But Shadow Weaver & Dragstor would be the icing on the cake. I'll be shocked if we don't see a Slime Pit with zombie green He-Man.

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Most of 200x is quite ugly, but the Origins treatment is an improvement. That said, I don't want much more of it--selfishly, I'd rather see ROTS or especially Fuerza-T.

I'm a huge Horde fan and would be disappointed if we didn't get at least Modulok--who could be streamlined to a version similar to Mantenna to save $$. But Shadow Weaver & Dragstor would be the icing on the cake. I'll be shocked if we don't see a Slime Pit with zombie green He-Man.
                  Modulok is definitely coming. Frog Monger uses the Modulok torso and lower legs, so they've already done the tooling.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks for pointing that out--I don't know the character details well enough to pick up on that.

This is good news--I probably would have added a Classics Modulok to my Origins Horde if he was not made.
                    Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 16, '23, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

I liked the look of Snake Teela, but 'kid me' would have called her something like Queen Python to Kobra Khan as leaders of the Snake Men. I hated the look of King Hiss, that figure made no since with the other true snake men.
                      kobra-khan-2 jpg.jpgsnake teela.jpg
                      Last edited by monitor_ep; Feb 16, '23, 9:47 AM.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Seems weird to release another King Randor right after the classic version. I still haven't found that yet! I know, I know, I should just order them from BBTS or EE, but I like finding MOTU in the wild as an impulse purchase. I only dabble in the line.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

According to some leaked Walmart and Amazon listings, it looks like wave 14 could be Spikor, Serpent Claw Man at Arms (they are really pushing 2002), Eternian Guard Infiltrator and Sssqueeze. As usual things are subject to change and take this with a grain of salt until Mattel officially announces it.
                          Last edited by Werewolf; Feb 16, '23, 1:19 PM.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 19, 2019

I'll admit...Slamurai is tempting, as I've a custom in mind that could use a white base body.
                            Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I'm wondering about that white body, too KKA83.

What's an Eternian Guard Infiltrator?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎