X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Mattel's new Disney Princess dolls for 2023

Finally saw these in person today. Same kind of budget dolls Hasbro had been doing with the molded on tops. Much prettier faces though. Probably would have picked up Snow White if they had her.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I had such high hopes when Hasbro first got the license. Their early dolls were great. Great quality reasonably priced dolls with full fabric outfits and ball jointed shoulders.

dprincess.JPG

Then they went all budgety with the molded on tops and losing the ball shoulders. It's disappointing Mattel is following this trend. I had hoped their return to the license would bring back the real fabric dresses.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

I finally picked up one. I got Aurora from amazon and should have Snow by the end of the week.

The head sculpt is lovely. Very cartoon accurate. Way better than the Hasbro sculpts. I think better than the Disney store dolls. I can really see collectors using these heads for customs. Aurora's hair was crazy gelled. Really crunchy and stiff. Once you comb it out, it is really nice. Good quality soft hair and there's lots of it. Just a stupid amount of hair gel.

The skirt was surprisingly nice. It's a much softer less papery feeling fabric than Hasbro had been using. I still do wish they had gone with full fabric dresses.

disneyaurora.JPG

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

I know this are budget dolls but why did they do away the elbow & knee joints? Now there just another version of Titan hero figures.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• RonnyG
          Career Member
          • Apr 23, 2014

She's pretty. I know they're trying to differentiate her from Cinderella, but I wish she was wearing her original blue gown as seen in the movie.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by RonnyG
            She's pretty. I know they're trying to differentiate her from Cinderella, but I wish she was wearing her original blue gown as seen in the movie.
            It doesn't bother me too much and I get the pink dress is an homage to the fairies magically changing her dress color. But, yeah, it would be nice to be able to still get her in the blue dress as well. I'd also really like for them to release an Aurora in her Briar Rose outfit.

I do kind of wonder what Jakks would have done with the Princess license. Their Encanto figures have all fabric outfits in a similar price point. Their Tinkerbell dolls were also very nice.
            Last edited by Werewolf; Mar 14, '23, 5:34 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Got Snow White today. Her hair was even more gelled than Aurora. It wasn't just stiff it was actually hard. I mean tap your finger on it and sounded hard. Crazy. It took a bit of time and quite a lot of finessing, but I finally got the hair back to being soft. It is good quality hair and none of it came out with all the combing but, wow, no need to gel it that much. If they are going to gel them this much, these dolls really should come with combs for kids to use.

I forgot to mention earlier, the Mattel dolls do have classic soft Barbie type heads. The Hasbro heads were hard plastic.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎