X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Guardians Of The Galaxy 3

The Guardians of the Galaxy are adjusting to life on Knowhere, but when parts of Rocket's past resurface, Peter Quill must lead the Guardians on a dangerous mission to protect him that could lead to the team dissolving.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

PXL_20230505_145309020.jpgPXL_20230506_021309557.jpg

Well this morning boyfriend & I watched GOTG v3 and loved it. It was a nice wrap for James Gunn to end his MCU and yet they leave for future movies and or spin-offs.

I loved the fact that they included so many past members but it didn't take away from the story.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

They turned Warlock into a total joke. I did not enjoy the movie. I'm done with the Marvel movies and shows. Too bad, since I've been a Marvel fan all my life.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Gunn's interpretation of Adam Warlock was a terrible disservice to the character. (So was his interpretation of Drax, for that matter.)

But apart from that, the movie had some memorable moments and fans of the MCU's version of the Guardians should find this a fairly satisfactory finale to the trilogy.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

My family enjoyed the movie, and felt it was a great wrap to the trilogy. It is darker and more violent than the previous films, and there are some scenes that are very uncomfortable if you are an animal lover. Yes, they are CGI, mo-capped animals, but it can still get to you.

I get the complaints about Warlock, but I was never a big follower of Starlin's cosmic stuff, so that didn't really bother me. I think there's potential for the character to turn into a more classic version of himself, however.
          sigpic

Comment

• Dark Shadow
            Creature Of The Night
            • May 14, 2011

We enjoyed it too. Although the beginning was very dour (worlds apart from the first two installments), about a third of the way through it definitely feels like it fits right in with the other two. Just a bit darker, and as mentioned, a bit more violent, but nothing too extreme.

I'm not sure where the gang is headed after this, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

As for Warlock, it seems to me that he's virtually fresh off the assembly line and just beginning to embark on a journey of self-definition. He's not by any means a finished product.

My only complaint is that now I have a craving for a long defunct cereal

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
              Career Member
              • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
              They turned Warlock into a total joke. I did not enjoy the movie. I'm done with the Marvel movies and shows. Too bad, since I've been a Marvel fan all my life.
              Totally agree, This is NOT Warlock. No mention of the UNIVERSAL CHURCH??????? And his "MOM" at first I wasn't sure if she was "HER". If she was and she wasn't we would have had an even bigger continuity problem (HER & QUASAR are STARHAWK's real parents!!!!)

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                Career Member
                • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                My family enjoyed the movie, and felt it was a great wrap to the trilogy. It is darker and more violent than the previous films, and there are some scenes that are very uncomfortable if you are an animal lover. Yes, they are CGI, mo-capped animals, but it can still get to you.

I get the complaints about Warlock, but I was never a big follower of Starlin's cosmic stuff, so that didn't really bother me. I think there's potential for the character to turn into a more classic version of himself, however.

I now have more respect for ROCKETT, it was sad and tragic, it does show you that life all over the Universe is to be appreciated no matter its form.

Violent?? Yeah, killing for Killing's sake.

Kind of bummed as I got home and see the news of the ALLEN TEXAS MASSACRE. F***. it just drives the point home even more so for me.

Violence sucks. Really bummed.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                  Career Member
                  • Jun 8, 2015

YO ADRIAN; ACCEPT THE WORD OF ONE WHO KNOWS! YO!

Sylvester Stallone, is the worst choice to portray STARHAWK. my god what was Gunn thinking???? what a mistake.

the movie was good. it WOULD have been great if they HAD passed the MANTLE BACK to the REAL GUARDIANS.

And they didn't. In fact...

MARTINEX, We see him but he doesn't do anything and he is wearing a jump suit???? WHY???? And...

How do you explain his EXISTENCE? Since he is a PLUTONIAN and who was an EARTHLING as in the future Terrans were TRANSFORMED in order to survive on the other planets in the solar system.

Hence NIKKI ( A NO SHOW) from MERCURY and

CHARLIE-27 (WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM FROM GOTG 2?) From JUPITER! How are these 2 existing in the 20th century when Humans have NOT engaged in space travel yet???

KRUGARR!?!?! How can he also EXIST as the "SORCERER SUPREME" when DR. STRANGE is alive, well and last time I looked he was the SORCER SUPREME!?!????

f75002c926d61c3bfe15b19e00633a25.jpg

I don't get it what was the BLOODY POINT in inserting these characters into the film; into the continuity and not develop them and have them involved in the story.

The "NEW" Guardians. no. unacceptable. Especially Phyla-Vell. Is she meant to grow into adulthood/teenager? in a few years??? and is she or is she NOT the daughter of...

The Greatest Hero ever to Stalk the Stars??????????

When you think of the Avengers you think of: Thor, Cap & Iron Man. When you think of the Defenders you think of: Hulk, Namor, Silver Surfer and Dr. Strange.

How can you have the GOTG with NO VANCE ASTRO???????? He is pretty much the CATALYST for the whole group and with out him there are NO GUARDIANS, NUFF SAID.

I like James Gunn, He is a TROMA-MITE. I am a TROMA-MITE. (Did ya see Lloyd Kauffman at the Poker table?) I have respect for him. I don't know what his thought process was for all three films and I don't know what restrictions he had in making these films. With that said, I thought I saw the writing on the wall when I saw this.

Vance Astro.jpg

Who else would have been the PERFECT FIT for VANCE ASTRO? But it did not happen.

When I was leaving the cinema, the usher was asking the punters inside, "Which movie was the best of all three?" I looked at him and said. "Number 5, maybe 6".

It has been a long day.

93f459061d037d1cade72ad091fb9904.jpg

Will I ever see MY Guardians ever again in comics or will the SCABS have their way. The real Guardians deserve more respect than a RODENT and a BAG of DITCHWEED.

Call me Heartbroken.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

For those who are complaining about Adam Warlock in Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 3 have not read his early appearances of 'Him' before he got the Soul Gem and became Adam Warlock. Thor #165 showed him as a child-like man wanting a mate. It wasn't until his next appearance that the rebooted him into Adam Warlock the Space God.

thor 165.jpgthor 165b.jpg
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• mirrorman
                      On Patrol
                      • Jul 18, 2011

I haven't watched GoG3 yet but so far I like that franchise , so will take look.

I'm fortunate enough to have Thor 165 and 166 will have a read of them again .. it's been a LONG time since last reading them. IMG_5648 by Michael Andrew, on FlickrIMG_5649 by Michael Andrew, on Flickr

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                        HULK SMASH!
                        • Apr 3, 2010

For those who are complaining about Adam Warlock in Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 3 have not read his early appearances of 'Him' before he got the Soul Gem and became Adam Warlock. Thor #165 showed him as a child-like man wanting a mate. It wasn't until his next appearance that the rebooted him into Adam Warlock the Space God.
                        Nah, I've read every iteration of Adam Warlock since his first appearance as "Him", through his extensive character development by Roy Thomas and Jim Starlin, including his legendary conflict with Thanos and beyond, and James Gunn's interpretation of the character is in no way reminiscent of his early appearances.
                        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by monitor_ep

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35559[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]35560[/ATTACH]
                          I complained about him and had that issue and all the others. I read all appearances of Him and even had the issues with the cocoon before Him was introduced. The movie had nothing like what was represented in the comics. Warlock had no mother. He had scientists, and was from Earth.

Comment

• pmwasson
                            Maker
                            • Sep 12, 2007

I saw the movie over the weekend and enjoyed it. I found Rocket's backstory interesting and liked seeing Lylla on the big screen.
                            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

Actually how they changed Rocket up the most but since this is a different version of the comic book character I went with it. Why they changed up High Evolutionary so much I did not know it was him on the trailers.

Now what irks me was the MCU was planning on expanding there Cosmic universe but it seems they are ignoring that movie now. I can get behind the Supernatural wave that is slowly coming out.
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎