Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Flash (movie or return of Batman 89)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    I was only going to go see this for Keaton, but whoever cut this trailer is a genius, because now I want to actually SEE this movie! Despite all the production drama, and Miller's shenanigans, they made me NEED to see this!
    I'm not a fan of Miler's Flash and I don't even have the nostalgia for Keaton's Batman, but this trailer ignited my interest in the movie. I think it's a storyline that can be handled well in a single film. I do have to admit a flash of nostalgia when Keaton said, "I'm Batman." That and the gray/blue suit makes me hopefully this will combine the right amount of nerd nods with a cool storyline.

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    There are rumors of a third Batman showing up. Bale is the favored one. The Batman on the motorcycle made me think of him.
    It would be awesome if they somehow kept it a secret. I can't imagine they could. I also thought Bale with the motorcycle but then I saw it was Affleck's stubby Bat-ears.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

^I personally don't trust anyone at WB (outside of animation) to do Adam right. They would probably either make fun of him, or have him do something horribly out of character. I'd rather they just left that alone, other than maybe go to a world where there's a statue of him, his costume is in a museum, etc.
      I'm sure they could lift Adam right out of the show via CGI and do him justice.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mego Milk
        Custom Mego Maker
        • Jun 3, 2007

I hope Henry shows up as Superman.

I know they said he was fired.
        maybe it was just a diversion.

the S stands for hope.

Comment

• Dannyc
          • Feb 6, 2023

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          I'm sure they could lift Adam right out of the show via CGI and do him justice.
          It didnt look too convincing,imo, when the Corrider Crew inserted West into the Pattinson film.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Dannyc
            It didnt look too convincing,imo, when the Corrider Crew inserted West into the Pattinson film.
            that's apples and oranges there
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

If I was the creators of the 90's Fox TV Show Sliders, i'd seriously start thinking about a lawsuit

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

The story seems more like a butterfly effect kind of thing.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Mikey
                  If I was the creators of the 90's Fox TV Show Sliders, i'd seriously start thinking about a lawsuit
                  Comics have been doing multiple realities etc for far longer than Sliders

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

This morning boyfriend & I went and watch The Flash. It was alright, but I did not go to see The Flash.

I went to see Batman 89 and that was the best part of the movie. Even wore my new Batman '89 t-shirt:
                    batman 89.jpg
                    https://www.ebay.com/itm/364065681077?var=633403710749

Now the part with the Multiverse was too CGI heavy and it didn't have to be. Even the Arrowverse COIE & Titans multiverse stories were told better because they used real footage and actors. That Earth 2 Flash was wrong, he was Zoom in the Arrowverse. Now seeing that unaired Superman movie was a nice touch, but the rest just didn't look right.
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Now the part with the Multiverse was too CGI heavy and it didn't have to be. Even the Arrowverse COIE & Titans multiverse stories were told better because they used real footage and actors. That Earth 2 Flash was wrong, he was Zoom in the Arrowverse. Now seeing that unaired Superman movie was a nice touch, but the rest just didn't look right.
                      For me, I'm glad they went with the CGI look, because if they'd tried a deepfake-type look, it may have been ghoulish with Reeves, Reeve, West, etc. Everything in the Speed Force "Chrono Bowl" looked that way from the very first scene there, so it was established, even moments of the film we saw just minutes ago had that look. It was a controversial choice that's going to get them a lot of flack, but for me in the end, it was a more consistent one than "fake Chris Reeve looked creepy". That's just my opinion.

As for Teddy Sears' Jay Garrick, I'm guesing that was a chocie to "right a wrong" like Nicholas Cage as Superman, and Chris Reeve and Helen Slater actually being on screen together. Sears got screwed out of not really being Jay for a big twist reveal. It's either that, or he pulled a Walter Koenig/Chekov move and didn't mention he wasn't REALLY Jay Garrick!
                      Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Jun 17, '23, 5:13 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
                        Museum Correspondent
                        • Apr 2, 2002

For me, I'm glad they went with the CGI look, because if they'd tried a deepfake-type look, it may have been ghoulish with Reeves, Reeve, West, etc.
                        Agreed. At first, I thought it was bad CGI until I realized it was a choice. And given the other options, I think it was a good one for all the reasons you've listed.

I really enjoyed the movie. Even Ezra Miller. I wonder if it's because I don't have a strong history with the Flash. I didn't read the book much as a kid, so any variations from cannon wouldn't bother me.
                        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• supes
                          For the love of Mego's!
                          • Jan 19, 2004

I saw it today and absolutely loved it!! Keaton was awesome! Can't wait to see it again!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                            Career Member
                            • Aug 3, 2010

I saw it Friday and loved it too. It’s fun and has great call backs. The wonky CGI is from Barry’s perspective. Loved Keaton’s return to the big screen.
                            mego's befo ho's

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Took the whole family today and really enjoyed it. So many meta moments but I think the film hinges on if you like what Miller is doing. If you don't, then it's likely hell.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jwyblejr
                                galactic yo-yo
                                • Apr 6, 2006

Word is there's a four-hour version with more cameos. More stuff from '66 Batman,Marlon Brando and Lynda Carter are in that.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎