Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Flash (movie or return of Batman 89)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

The Flash (movie or return of Batman 89)

On June 16, worlds collide. Watch the official trailer now for The Flash – only in theaters. #TheFlashMovie

Warner Bros. Pictures presents “The Flash,” directed by Andy Muschietti (the “IT” films, “Mama”). Ezra Miller reprises their role as Barry Allen in the DC Super Hero’s first-ever standalone feature film.

Worlds collide in “The Flash” when Barry uses his superpowers to travel back in time in order to change the events of the past. But when his attempt to save his family inadvertently alters the future, Barry becomes trapped in a reality in which General Zod has returned, threatening annihilation, and there are no Super Heroes to turn to. That is, unless Barry can coax a very different Batman out of retirement and rescue an imprisoned Kryptonian… albeit not the one he’s looking for. Ultimately, to save the world that he is in and return to the future that he knows, Barry’s only hope is to race for his life. But will making the ultimate sacrifice be enough to reset the universe?

“The Flash” ensemble also includes rising star Sasha Calle, Michael Shannon (“Bullet Train,” “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”), Ron Livingston (“Loudermilk,” “The Conjuring”), Maribel Verdú (“Elite,” “Y tu mamá también”), Kiersey Clemons (“Zack Snyder’s Justice League,” “Sweetheart”), Antje Traue (“King of Ravens,” “Man of Steel”) and Michael Keaton (“Spider-Man: Homecoming,” “Batman”).

“The Flash” is produced by Barbara Muschietti (the “IT” films, “Mama”) and Michael Disco (“Rampage,” “San Andreas”). The screenplay is by Christina Hodson (“Birds of Prey,” “Bumblebee”), with a screen story by John Francis Daley & Jonathan Goldstein (“Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves,” “Spider-Man: Homecoming”) and Joby Harold (“Transformers: Rise of the Beasts,” “Army of the Dead”), based on characters from DC. The executive producers
    are Toby Emmerich, Walter Hamada, Galen Vaisman and Marianne Jenkins.

Joining director Muschietti behind the camera are director of photography Henry Braham (“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3,” “The Suicide Squad”), production designer Paul Denham Austerberry (“IT Chapter Two,” “The Shape of Water”), editors Jason Ballantine (the “IT” films, “The Great Gatsby”) and Paul Machliss (“The Gentlemen,” “Baby Driver”), and costume designer Alexandra Byrne (“Doctor Strange,” “Guardians of the Galaxy”); the score is by Benjamin Wallfisch
    (“The Invisible Man,” the “IT” films).

Warner Bros. Pictures presents a Double Dream/a Disco Factory production of an Andy Muschietti film, “The Flash.” It will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures and is set to open in theaters in North America on June 16, 2023 and internationally beginning 14 June 2023.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I don't know about the rest of the movie but the scenes with Michael Keaton as Batman are friggin awesome.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Looks fantastic!!!! Keaton looks AWESOME!!!

And you know what? She might not be the OG blonde Supergirl, but I really dug this alternate Supergirl version scenes. She’s gonna go toe to toe with Zod…

I can’t wait!!!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

I love seeing Keaton back in the cowl! It is an exciting trailer. And yet... I got to think that a trailer for a Flash movie where the least exciting thing is the Flash may be a red flag.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

There are rumors of a third Batman showing up. Bale is the favored one. The Batman on the motorcycle made me think of him.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I was only going to go see this for Keaton, but whoever cut this trailer is a genius, because now I want to actually SEE this movie! Despite all the production drama, and Miller's shenanigans, they made me NEED to see this!

Oh, and the Super Bowl TV spot shows a vault of Batman costumes, and one looks JUST LIKE Kenner's Dark Knight Collection "Iron Winch" Batman in blue and gray!
            sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

I thought they scrapped this movie because of the Flash actor breaking the law again? Miller is such a POS human being that it saddens me Warner Bros and fans get behind his movie.

I get the nostalgia around Keaton, but I was one of the few who never liked his version of Batman so this trailer doesn't grab me like the rest of you.
              Last edited by Brown Bear; Feb 13, '23, 8:50 AM.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

I'd be more excited for Keaton's return as Batman (and the other actors) if this were actually a Batman movie and they were the focus, but I find Ezra Miller unwatchable (I cringed with every line of dialogue he delivered in Justice League well before his off screen troubles) and a complete I am not interested in suffering through any vehicle where he is on the screen, and with him playing multiple Barry's and having twice as many lines to butcher and twice as much screen time to inflict upon me, I will probably skip this one completely. Maybe once it's out on DVD/Bluray and our library gets a copy in, I might watch with a healthy dose of fast forwarding to see the Keaton parts and skip the Miller heavy parts, but it's definitely one that will be getting no money from me.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• knight errant00
                  8 Inch Action Figure
                  • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  There are rumors of a third Batman showing up. Bale is the favored one. The Batman on the motorcycle made me think of him.
                  When I read that rumor, the seven-year-old inside me wished for some way it could be Adam West.

Bale seems the most likely choice, but I'm also thinking a smart move would be to feature the new Batman Gunn intends to establish -- and if they could somehow beat out the usual leaks and surprise us all that could be a really strong move for kicking off the new continuity that's coming.

But Keaton simply saying "I'm Batman." made for the best trailer moment I can think of in at least a decade.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by knight errant00
                      When I read that rumor, the seven-year-old inside me wished for some way it could be Adam West.

Bale seems the most likely choice, but I'm also thinking a smart move would be to feature the new Batman Gunn intends to establish -- and if they could somehow beat out the usual leaks and surprise us all that could be a really strong move for kicking off the new continuity that's coming.

But Keaton simply saying "I'm Batman." made for the best trailer moment I can think of in at least a decade.
                      A CGI West Batman is not out of the question, there's already tons of it in the movie so why not?
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

^I personally don't trust anyone at WB (outside of animation) to do Adam right. They would probably either make fun of him, or have him do something horribly out of character. I'd rather they just left that alone, other than maybe go to a world where there's a statue of him, his costume is in a museum, etc.
                        sigpic

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          I was only going to go see this for Keaton, but whoever cut this trailer is a genius, because now I want to actually SEE this movie! Despite all the production drama, and Miller's shenanigans, they made me NEED to see this!

Oh, and the Super Bowl TV spot shows a vault of Batman costumes, and one looks JUST LIKE Kenner's Dark Knight Collection "Iron Winch" Batman in blue and gray!

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

I liked seeing in the hall of armor shot a blue and grey suit :D

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 3, 2009

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍