X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

McFarlane Batman '66 Batboat and Wayne Manor study

I have managed to avoid most of McFarlane's Batman '66 offerings, because I honestly didn't care much for their early figures, compared to the Mattel figures from a few years back. But with these offerings...I may have to go back and get what I've missed!
    sigpic
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

I have been getting what Mattel didn't release. The problem is the playsets fit better with the Funko smaller Batman 66 than with either Mattel or MacFarlane.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• shazam7208
      Career Member
      • Oct 28, 2008

These will be great....loving the Batboat!

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

I bet they would work well with the bendy 66 figures too

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

I have managed to avoid most of McFarlane's Batman '66 offerings, because I honestly didn't care much for their early figures, compared to the Mattel figures from a few years back. But with these offerings...I may have to go back and get what I've missed!
          The sculpts on the McFarlane figures are light years ahead of the Mattel ones. All the Mattel figures are too skinny.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^I get what you're saying, but the likenesses are off on some of the early ones. Burt looks like he's storing nuts for the winter. The paints on Adam's blues are way too light. I do think the Mattel figure were a bit too spindly, but they FEEL moe like the actors to me, IMHO.
            sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

Yeah unfortunately the sculpts on the McFarlane figures are pretty bad. Especially the two principles.

Mattel's are too skinny with atrocious articulation cuts everywhere, but McFarlane's look worse not only because of the sculpts, but even the bodies are weird and fat bodied with giant Depends diapers on everyone.

I like what McFarlane is doing with the line, I just don't like the figures.

The villains all look pretty good though.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

The skinny Mattel Batman and Riddler fit the 60's vibe for me, but the articulation cuts were ugly. McFarlane's line feel more like "based on the Batman TV Show", which is fine and they look nice grouped together. Batman's body shape could be better and the blue are definitely too light. I miss details like pinstripes on The Jokers pants too. But the depth of what McFarlane is doing is great and is rivaling what FTC did character-wise, but with all the vehicles and playsets to boot. I would love to see a colorized version of that B&W Riddler.

I ended up pre-ordering all of the new stuff. I wish I could find Egghead locally, but he should ship in a week or so.

Comment

• Count_Popula
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Aug 28, 2018

Awesome! I can't wait to get these, plus the upcoming '66 Two-Face!

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

I really like the Wayne Manor study and the Batboat, but not so much the figures, they didn’t even keep Batman’s cowl and cape the same color, Robin at least looks fine.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Cool stuff !!!

Comment

• Sabin
                        • Feb 7, 2022

The 2 playsets released so far (Batcave, Villian's Lair) also work well with the Super Powers figures! Just a shame that line hasn't released any Bat Villians so far. Will definitely pick up Wayne Manor, and will get the Batboat if the Super Powers figures aren't too small for it.

Like many other people have commented, I don't like the Batman 66 figures. The McFarlane figures look too chunky, and the Mattel figures are even worse, with that awful articulation cut in the stomach. The only figure I have is the McFarlane Penguin and he actually looks good and fits in pretty well with figures from a 7ish inch line like DCDirect.

Comment

• publiusr
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Aug 23, 2015

Now for Wilbur Whateley in the study with the bat-hound

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Great Lovecraft figures!
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 12, 2016

I wish someone would do a multi level Wayne manor playset with a batcave beneath the manor that you could actually access from the bat poles...might cost more but I'd pay for something more realistic/authentic.
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎