X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Supergirl (1984) commentary and new article

Over on Superman Movie Minute, Rob Kelly, mega-Supergirl fan Dr. Anj and I provide a commentary for 1984's Supergirl. Yes, its got its problems, but there may be more there to like than you remember!

Fire and Water Network All-Stars Chris Franklin and Rob Kelly celebrate their favorite superhero movie of all time, 1978's SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE, five minutes at a time!

Rob also wrote an entertaining article on 13th Dimension covering the ups and downs of the film's production, and how the movie we got could have been VASTLY different if things had gone the way the creators had intended.

sigpic
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Helen Slater was perfect in the role. i think the script was weak and the movie suffered for it

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

She’s a perfect Supergirl, for sure, but yes, the script and movie are pretty terrible. Kind of fun, but not as intended.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

I miss movies where the comicbook character actually resembles the actor/actress. She was a great Supergirl
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Slater looked the part but the part was pretty terrible. The movie is something of a mish-mash, I've tried but it's just not good.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

12 year old me had the hots for Helen Slater

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

Loved Helen Slater. I still watch the director's cut from time to time.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

Your article inspired me to try and watch this again. I think I had to take the dog out about 2/3 of the way through it. I can't remember if I ever went back to finish it.
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^If you came back in during one of the endless Selena/Bianca/Nigel scenes, I can see why you'd get confused. Or "Ethan, the Hunky Gardener".
                  sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I remember thinking back then that Selena might be a riff on Blackstarr. Unfortunately not.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎