Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

I remember my mom used to tease me, saying the only reason why I liked ROM was because my name is RON. LOL

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

As a kid, I was really into war comics like GI Combat/Phantom Tank, Sgt. Rock, and Blackhawk. Those were big titles in their day, but all of those war comics seem to have been largely forgotten now.

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

Adam Warlock, The Man called Nova( I never understood why he wasn't more popular back then he had that peter parker formula). Also in my college age days I loved Denny Oneil's The Question. When Wesley's Snipes did Blade I became very interested in him and tracked down Tomb of Dracula comics. Heavily was into The New Gods.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Adam Warlock! I have his Masterworks volumes. I've always wanted a Mego of him.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

I love Adam Warlock. In another thread about 70s and 80s movies, there was a show, The Phoenix starring Judson Scott, who I envisioned to play Adam Warlock.(this was also the time that issue of Marvel Team Up featuring Spidey and Adam, and the Two In One annual.)

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I enjoyed that show, I can see what you mean. I think Team-Up was my first exposure to the character.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• YoungOnce
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 29, 2007

Kamandi had a good run in his own title, but so did some of the others mentioned, so I’ll throw his name out there. It was such a fun book with its own contained mythology (mostly). Loved that run.

Devil Dinosaur would be considered more obscure, but that was a good read.

Manhunter, the back-up story arc in Detective comics through the 70’s is a great character!

The Spectre run in Adventure Comics by Aparo is in my top 5 runs of all times. I reread those stories every few years.

Most of my faves were concoctions in the Bronze Age I guess…

I just didn’t like the sterile art from DC on a lot of silver age stuff like Hawkman, Adam Strange, etc… loved the characters but couldn’t get into the wordy house style in that time. Just didn’t seem dynamic to me as a kid. I might have been one of the few who liked the “Diana Rigg” version of Wonder Woman when that was happening… I know she’s an A-lister, but that version of her was definitely a C-grade more obscure version.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

You all are bringing up some great characters and jogging my memory. I can't believe I didn't consider Kamandi, because I'm almost as much a fan of him as Doom Patrol and have a lot of of Kamandi reprints.

Judging from the posts, mostly DC fans here? I like Marvel's Ant-Man, and I guess he's a C-lister--potentially eclipsed by the Wasp. I think there was a storyline where Pym even had a nervous breakdown and DID from his status.

Comment

• MRP
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 19, 2016

With Marvel, aside from Bloodstone, Shang Chi, Vision and those I mentioned earlier, and with the line between B/C listers a little blurry (especially in a world after the MCU where the GotG are A-listers now), favorites include...

pre-MCU I would have considered Black Panther c-list and he has always been one of my favorites since his Avengers days, his run in Jungle Action and Christopher Priest's run as part of the Marvel Knights line, today he is an A-lister though.

most of the Midnight Sons branch of the MU
                      Ghost Rider (another character with stronger visuals than stories) both Johnny Blaze and Daniel Ketch
                      Brother Voodoo
                      Blade
                      Daimon Hellstrom

some of the Defenders including
                      Valkyrie
                      Nighthawk

Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
                      Luke Cage (Power Man)
                      Iron Fist
                      Ka-Zar and Shanna the She-Devil
                      Wonder Man
                      Beast (Hank McCoy)
                      Hawkeye
                      Black Widow
                      the original Guardians of the Galaxy (Vance Astro, Charlie, Nikki, Yondu, Starhawk, Martinex)
                      Howard the Duck
                      Jack Russell (Werewolf by Night)
                      Elektra
                      Black Knight
                      Ikarus
                      Sersi
                      Blackbolt
                      Crystal
                      Captain Mar-Vell

but Marvel gave fewer solo series to C-listers than DC, they were more featured in team books or try out books like Marvel Premiere, Marvel Spotlight, Astonishing Tales, Strange Tales, Marvel Comics Presents, etc.

-M
                      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Scott777
                        Museum Patron
                        • Jan 4, 2023

How about an E-Level character: E-Man comics.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

It's a thoughtful list. IMO Black Widow falls into a bit of a gray area, but I guess if you've been the sidekick of a (at times barely) B-lister, you're a C.

It's interesting trying to categorize Marvel heroines.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Scott777
                            How about an E-Level character: E-Man comics.
                            Never read him but such a great design.

Comment

• Wee67
                              Museum Correspondent
                              • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              I think there was a storyline where Pym even had a nervous breakdown and DID from his status.
                              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Wee67
                                Museum Correspondent
                                • Apr 2, 2002

I was thinking about how most of my C-level love was for DC characters when I'm more of a Marvel guy. The I realized that's because I had more trouble thinking of characters like the Vision, whom I love, as a C-lister when he definitely was in the 70s and 80S.

Another 70s C-list love was Luke Cage, back in his yellow shirt open to the waist days!

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎