Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

i thought the first episode was great. really showed the friendship and camaraderie between Picard and Riker. I am sure it will be that way for the rest of the cast as well. I also loved that they played their actual ages and there was some funny dialog about it

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

and what is the deal with the current Captain of the Tritan? what a dick that guy is

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

One thing I find fascinating is the idea that Picard's Enterprise crew may be seen as wreckless space cowboys...something that Next Gen diehards often throw at Kirk and his crew! I guess everything is relative, and in this new, less adventurous, and perhaps less altruistic Starfleet, Picard's antics may seem a bit more like the "cowboy diplomacy" often leveled at Kirk.

Or it could just be that Captain Shaw really is a dick. I mean, he didn't greet a visiting Admiral and Captain (the previous captain of his ship), and was eating dinner without them when they came in!
        sigpic

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          One thing I find fascinating is the idea that Picard's Enterprise crew may be seen as wreckless space cowboys...something that Next Gen diehards often throw at Kirk and his crew! I guess everything is relative, and in this new, less adventurous, and perhaps less altruistic Starfleet, Picard's antics may seem a bit more like the "cowboy diplomacy" often leveled at Kirk.

Or it could just be that Captain Shaw really is a dick. I mean, he didn't greet a visiting Admiral and Captain (the previous captain of his ship), and was eating dinner without them when they came in!
          I think it’s more indicative of the fact that no one working on Kurtzmam Trek has ever actually seen Star Trek, and if they have, they either don’t understand it, don’t love it, or both. Picard and crew were as far from cowboy diplomacy as one could get. It’s not a relative viewpoint, it’s just incorrect.

The thing I hate most about all of these new Star Trek shows is how different they are from Gene Roddenberry’s Star Trek. Dark, poorly lit sets populated by moody, reckless characters who cuss, do drugs, and regularly disrespect commanding officers while disobeying the chain of command. The undisciplined nature of the characters are a reflection of the undisciplined nature of the creators of these shows.

As is often the case when wealth is inherited, these so-called writers have squandered their fortune. They can cast as many of the original actors as possible, and throw in as many memberberries as they can, but this is not Star Trek. At least, it is not Gene Roddenberry’s Star Trek. It’s not even Rick Berman’s Star Trek.

I’m glad some of you are enjoying it. I wish I could. But the truth is I don’t.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

He also dissed Picard’s bottle wine gift…
            sigpic

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
              valar morghulis
              • Mar 8, 2005

E2 was a poorly written mess

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

i didn't find that at all. i enjoyed the episode

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  i didn't find that at all. i enjoyed the episode
                  Agreed.

***minor spoiler***

Man, I screamed and cheered like a giddy schoolboy when Worf made his first appearance. Finally we got to see the Worf we were all waiting for. A proper baddarze killing machine! Loved how he chopped that Ferengi’s head off like lettuce, lol…

sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

i also loved the Klingon music playing while he did it

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 18, 2007

Really enjoying this season of Picard. It just hits right with me. Love seeing the old crew showing up. It just makes my day. Cant wait for episode three.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 8, 2015

The Dominion...

Bio-Mimetic Gel.

Your welcome.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

loving this season so far. one thing that bothers me though. Klingons live much longer than humans so Worf should not be so gray already

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                            valar morghulis
                            • Mar 8, 2005

loving this season so far. one thing that bothers me though. Klingons live much longer than humans so Worf should not be so gray already
                            No joke, the show runner said in an interview that Worf's look is an homage to Pai Mei from Kill Bill.

PaiMeiPromo.jpg

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                              valar morghulis
                              • Mar 8, 2005

Btw I expect a little more from my 25th century starship sick bay than the silliness that went on in this episode

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

A good read on Trek species lifespans…

A life span, life expectancy, or life cycle was the maximum or average length of time a lifeform, material, or object was projected or capable of living or lasting. Having an effectively unlimited life span was referred to as immortality. The life span of humanoid species was known to vary from less than a decade to as long as several millennia. Some non-corporeal species were known to have life spans exceeding several millennia. Generally speaking, a life cycle was marked by the process of agin
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎