X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

Mego and Marvel

Is there any chance these days for Mego Marvels via the Hasbro route?
    Seems to me from what I recall growing up in the 70's once I get Joker, Penguin my mind fills with Lizards and Goblins no?
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

I would love to see Mego get the rights to produce Marvel characters---the Lizard is my all time favorite figure they ever made and I'd love to see an updated version. It would also be great for some new Marvel characters to join the roster.

Until the time when Mego can produce Marvel characters again, I would love to see Mego make 'homage' figures using the DC 'equivalents'---Black Spider for Spider-Man, Blockbuster for Hulk, and Commander Steel for Captain America, Killer Croc for Lizard, and so on.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 22, 2011

In the last Livestream Marty was asked about Marvel. His comment was that they are past "no". I would love to see 50th anniversary versions of the Marvel characters with never produced characters added.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

They said maybe in the live stream.
        To be truthful I do not know who I would want besides the Spidey villains. I have the others.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• zeedox
          Career Member
          • Aug 10, 2007

I am sure Hulk, Iron-Man, Thor, Captain America would be a hit. Anyone think they might outsell Superman, Batman, Robin etc?

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Getting the Marvel license would be the icing on the cake for Mego. Definitely Spider-Man and Captain America, Iron Man and Thor, a correct size Hulk maybe a little bigger than the others say 10 inches and the Fantastic Four. For villains, Goblin, Dr. Doom and Loki.

Comment

• Wee67
              Museum Correspondent
              • Apr 2, 2002

Given the Mouse House's tight controls and probably HUGE asking fees for licensing, I can't imagine Mego agreeing on a price.

BUT... I could see Mego expanding the live to include some of today's MCU-popular characters like Guardians or Ant Man and the Wasp.
              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                Banned
                • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Wee67
                Given the Mouse House's tight controls and probably HUGE asking fees for licensing, I can't imagine Mego agreeing on a price.

BUT... I could see Mego expanding the live to include some of today's MCU-popular characters like Guardians or Ant Man and the Wasp.
                Yes, exactly. I mentioned this in another thread as well, I think. Read some of the nightmare stories about how Disney’s overbearing micromanaging has nearly killed the Star Wars lines from Hasbro. Star Wars used to be an evergreen line when it came to toys, now so much of the product is just dying on shelves or getting shipped off to Ollie’s, Big Lots, Five Below, and other discount chains. They STILL have product from TFA and TLJ rotting away on their shelves.

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

If Mego got Marvel, it would likely be a deal through collaboration with Hasbro these days, similar to what they did with Ghostbusters. Hawking 50th Anniversary type figures is probably Mego's best bet, as the DC 50th figures seem to be doing well. They sold out at my Walmart stores well before Christmas, and I don't exactly live in a hotbed of toy and Mego collectors...

Comment

• johnpauljones
                    • Oct 13, 2007

I’m guessing even if Mego got Marvel, we probably wouldn’t see Iron Man with a nose this time.

Comment

• Makernaut
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2015

I don't have any thoughts about what the chances may be, but I am hoping that they can work out a way for it to happen. I gave up on finding a non-zombie Mr. Fantastic a long time ago and I would like to add a few others I don't have to my display such as Green Goblin and Lizard.

Comment

• Count_Popula
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Aug 28, 2018

45 years later ... and still no The Incredible Hulk TV Series figures.

Comment

• wise guy
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 29, 2014

I would be happy if they could get the rights to do a Spiderman 50 th anniv. figure

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by wise guy
                            I would be happy if they could get the rights to do a Spiderman 50 th anniv. figure
                            I agree, Spider-Man and Captain America since they were actually the very first Marvel characters mego made on the type-1 bodies.

I would be happy if mego could at least get the rights for those two figures.

Comment

• SpideyDude73
                              • Jul 5, 2019

If any of the decision makers on the side who holds the Marvel license have a soul, they will GLADLY let Marty reproduce the very figures which paved the way for their existence.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎