• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

James Gunn announced DC Studios slate

Chapter One Gods & Monsters...

I am intrigued by many of these, but with all things, it will be a matter of execution rather than intention, so I wait and see.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • shaunaconda
    Museum Super Collector
    • Mar 29, 2020

Those are big plans!

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by MRP
      I am intrigued by many of these, but with all things, it will be a matter of execution rather than intention, so I wait and see.
      Amen, brother!
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

I cannot wait to see Creature Commandos and hope to see them in live action down the road.
        Creature Commandos.jpg
        Last edited by monitor_ep; Jan 31, '23, 7:56 PM.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by monitor_ep
          I cannot wait to see Creature Commandos and hope to see them in live action down the road.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]34959[/ATTACH]
          This was what interested me. I really liked Frankenstein and the Agents of S.H.A.D.E comic which gave me a new appreciation for the monsters as a hero team. The cover from All Star Superman got me hyped for a live version of that, but I can live with the animated version (which was great).

Comment

• Scott777
            Museum Patron
            • Jan 4, 2023

i loved Creature Commandos and GI Robot back in the late 70s.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I liked this announcement better than the article over at Variety. I HATE Damian Wayne as Robin, so not excited for him to be "legitimized" in live-action. Yes, yes, I know, he was brilliantly written in Morrison's Batman and Robin when Dick was Batman. That he's grown as a character, blah-blah. You can like him, I don't. His being brought into the strip was the end of my time as a regular Batman reader, and if you could look at my house, that's saying something.

The Lanterns sounds intriguing, and I have a soft spot for the Creature Commandos. I got the trade of all their 80s adventures at Ollie's dirt cheap a few years back and enjoyed the heck out of it!

The Variety article mentions he's up for Momoa, Gadot and Ezra Miller (!) possibly continuing on in their DC roles, but no to Henry Cavill. I still don't understand why Cavill was black balled when probelmatic Miller gets a pass. I wonder if it isn't fallout from Dwayne Johnson's near-coup of the DCEU. But that's just speculation.

A Booster Gold series has long been gestating. Remember when they were considering a spin-off out of his Smallville appearances? That has a lot of potential, too.
              sigpic

Comment

• Scott777
                Museum Patron
                • Jan 4, 2023

There were a few spin-offs and shows that were to come due to the success of Smallville. Remember that Aquaman TV Pilot, whose actor became Green Arrow in Smallville? That would have been good, imo. But we'll never know.
                I was hoping for a LoSH spin-off from Smallville.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

Smallville did have several spin-offs that should have happened but didn't. If you can edit out the b & c story you can make more spin-off shows:
                  Suicide Squad
                  Aquaman
                  LOSH
                  Blue & Gold (Blue Beetle & Booster gold)
                  JSA
                  Suergirl
                  JLA
                  Metroplis (Green Arrow & Lois Lane)
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    The Variety article mentions he's up for Momoa, Gadot and Ezra Miller (!) possibly continuing on in their DC roles, but no to Henry Cavill. I still don't understand why Cavill was black balled when probelmatic Miller gets a pass. I wonder if it isn't fallout from Dwayne Johnson's near-coup of the DCEU. But that's just speculation.
                    I suspect the "openness" to Ezra Miller (and maybe even Momoa) is to avoid torpedoing the new movie before it even comes out.

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

I am excited about some of these projects... I want to see if Gunn can get Superman "right"... but I disagree with this push towards "more continuity". I actually liked that DC was not afraid to have multiple versions of the same character. Was anyone really confused why the character was different in "Teen Titans Go" or the Arrowverse vs the DCU movies or "Joker"? Or why Batman was voiced by Kevin Conroy but played on the big screen by another actor? Do we really need to label some of those as the "official version" and the rest as Elseworlds?

When I hated the DC movies, I could enjoy the Arrowverse. When the Arrowverse lost its mojo, I could enjoy the HBO shows. I liked some of the stuff DC animation was doing, I avoided others. I liked that I could pick and choose content that fit my taste. Now it feels like it is all going to be one flavor... and that seems like a mistake.

same actor playing the character between live action and animation/etc. Were people really confused that the Joker in "Teen Titans Go" was different from the Joker in "Suicide Squad" or the Joker from "Joker"? Did we really need someone to label some of those as Elseworlds for us?

Comment

• wise guy
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 29, 2014

I hope they do a better job on these projects but nothing that gets me excited. Some of these like The Authority seems 10-15 years too late and only for hardcore comic fans . I think someone else will get put in charge of DC in a few months

Comment

• Scott777
                          Museum Patron
                          • Jan 4, 2023

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                          Smallville did have several spin-offs that should have happened but didn't. If you can edit out the b & c story you can make more spin-off shows:
                          Suicide Squad
                          Aquaman
                          LOSH
                          Blue & Gold (Blue Beetle & Booster gold)
                          JSA
                          Suergirl
                          JLA
                          Metroplis (Green Arrow & Lois Lane)
                          Was there an episode with Blue Beetle and Buster Gold on it? i can't remember.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

th.jpgth (1).jpgth (3).jpg

Booster looks good but that Blue Beetle was bad. The SDCC promo was better.
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Scott777
                              Museum Patron
                              • Jan 4, 2023

wow, i totally don't recall that.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢