X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

12 inch retro MOTU figures.

MOTU's take on those 12 inch budget super hero figures. Hopefully this link works. They look awesome.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, those are NICE!!! And I bet the price point is right around $10-12. Can't beat it.
    sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Given such a huge part of the MOTU aesthetic is that unique squat, I wouldn't have thought these would work in this 12" format. But those look pretty neat!

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

These are AMAZING!! I'd buy the entire line over again in this scale. Mondo can keep their crappy $275 figures that fall apart!

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

I really like how Mer-Man looks, these are pretty cool.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

He-Man's head sculpt is fantastic. None of the Masterverse He-Man head sculpts are even that good.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

More pictures. Toynewsi is calling this a 7 inch line.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I like these, fun and likely cheap and the aesthetic is good. But I don't want them at the expense of Origins.

That Mer-man, though....
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 19, 2019

Looks like they're implementing a one accessory per figure policy.
                  Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

The fact that the head sculpts are bang on with the originals has me all in. I'm not a He-Man collector but I wouldn't pass these up if I saw them.
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Liu Bei
                      Banned
                      • Mar 31, 2018

Why didn’t they put He-man’s iron cross on his armor instead of that other goofy-looking logo? Otherwise, great looking figures. Much better than the Masterverse crap, but a step down from Origins.

Comment

• Jase
                        • Sep 22, 2021

Other reports are saying these are 7” not 12”.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by Jase
                          Other reports are saying these are 7” not 12”.
                          That means the head might work as a replacement for the recent 40th anniversary figure head.
                          Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎