Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Word On When Green Arrow Will Start Rolling Out?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

Any Word On When Green Arrow Will Start Rolling Out?

I kept seeing January and then saw where a few sellers backed it out to February. Just noticed today that Entertainment Earth has (within the last day or two) moved it to February, as well. Has there been any "word" or rumblings that February is likely or is this going to be a rolling situation with more delays possible. Ultimately, it's out when it's out, right? Just trying to find out if there's been any word.
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

ZLC has it delayed until May, shipping with the next wave of 4 (the Super-Foes wave).

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

^ Right. That's on the other end of the range I have seen. I'm curious if Mego or someone Mego-adjacent has ever said anything regarding the delay. Has there been any "we need to fix this, solve for that, or have this become available" kind of statement that anyone has said or posted somewhere?

Comment

• TheXFactor
        Museum Patron
        • Oct 31, 2013

I've been in occasional touch with Chris at ZLC, and the same thing happened in 2021 with Wave 13, plus it sounds like- in addition to Green Arrow- several other figures from the current Wave 16 were delayed as well (horror characters, I believe). In both cases, he noted that the retailers didn't find out- until receiving shipping notification- that their orders were going to be incomplete. I understand that delays can creep up for any number of reasons, but not telling your retail partners in advance is simply a poor business practice. Just as an FYI, all the characters in Wave 13 ended up being spread out over three separate shipments. This is the first case I'm aware of where a character (Green Arrow) was bumped up to the next Wave.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

I don’t mind the wait as long as any previous imperfections are corrected, Green Arrow is a popular WGSH mego figure, that most of us like and want, I know I do.

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

^ I completely agree with you. I'd rather it be right and I know it is sometimes a process and subject to delays, be they internal or external. I also know that Green Arrow was arguably the high-point of the WGSH line and a lot of that is due to it being a much more intricate figure than many in the rest of the line. I'm not worried about it nor am I concerned about the "when" of it. I am just wondering if there has been any mention of how it's coming along.
            Last edited by Makernaut; Jan 30, '23, 9:38 AM.

Comment

• johnpauljones
              • Oct 13, 2007

Anyone who still hasn’t preordered Green Arrow yet: ZLC and a couple others are sold out of preorders. I wound up ordering from amoktime.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 22, 2011

Frank still has preorders available for GA.

Comment

• johnpauljones
                  • Oct 13, 2007

At ZLC? The site said “sold out” or I would have ordered from there.
                  I’m still ordering the Super Foes from there though.

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

Pretty sure they had to re-do the head from the previous version of Ollie, sizing it up a bit for the 50th figure's larger body. That might have been part of the delay.

Comment

• Makernaut
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2015

I stumbled on to the MEGO Corp. Facebook page and saw a post from April 28th with pics of the finished product. Looks really great and the bow in the pics is green instead of the original brown. Can't wait for GA to roll out with the rest of Wave 17. We're almost there!

Comment

• warlock664
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 15, 2009

I received notification earlier that one of the two GAs I preordered from ZLC has shipped!

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Already got one from a secondary seller on Amazon, and the one from ZLC has shipped, so Ollie is here.

Comment

• Makernaut
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 22, 2015

Cool! Glad the 50th GA is starting to show up.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎