X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreddbatfan
    Museum Super Collector
    • Oct 3, 2008

To repair or not to repair that is the question

I have a classic Mego Batmobile and it's showing it's age.The body has a lot of scratches,the rear wheels axle is bent and the silver and red paint on the wheels are coming off.My question is should I try to fix it up or leave it?I was thinking about leaving the scratches alone but try to straighten the bent axle and touch up the silver and red paint on the wheels.What would you do?Thanks for any advice that you can give me,I greatly appreciate it.
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

for me - I would probably straighten up the axle so that I could roll the car again, but wouldn't do much more than wipe any dust/dirt from the rest of it and just keep the patina it got from hours of fun and play.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

it's a personal question. do what will make you happy. for me, i would clean it up as much as possible. maybe even use a very fine grit sand paper to smooth out the worst of the scratches and then plastic polish. though for the type of plastic i am not sure how well it will take sanding without showing. Dr Mego also sells some replacement parts on his website

Comment

• dreddbatfan
        Museum Super Collector
        • Oct 3, 2008

Would anybody know how to straighten the axles?

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by dreddbatfan
          Would anybody know how to straighten the axles?
          were you looking for help with this a little while ago? Are the wheels still attached to the axles?

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

There is a silver paint pen that goes amazingly smooth on plastic. It’s kinda pricey but u can get it on Amazon. No idea how I would straighten an axle though. I suppose a good wide C clamp with multiple passes and just press it back into true. i have the FTC version so I am more of a replace as needed guy.

Comment

• dreddbatfan
              Museum Super Collector
              • Oct 3, 2008

The wheels are not attached and I'm still hoping for some help.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎