X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreddbatfan
    Museum Super Collector
    • Oct 3, 2008

Mego Playsets

I'm hoping Mego will be coming out with some of their playsets like the Batcave,Wayne Foundation,Hall of Justice,Fortress of Solitude and Planet of the Apes just to name a few.I have a classic Mego Batcave with all the original parts including the Batsignal(that still works)and nothing on it's broken.The only thing that I don't have is a original box or the instruction sheet.I never got a chance of getting these sets when I was younger because I spent most of my younger years in the hospital sick from my disease but now I'm hoping to get some as an adult.I'm also hoping that Mego might come out with some new sets.What would be on your wishlist for Mego Playsets?
    Attached Files
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

It would be great if they would rerelease the Apes playsets or the prototype Enterprise that was never made. I think Mego or FTC should make the comic book Batcave again. It seems like it sold out so fast the first time FTC made it.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

To be truthful I would love to see a version of the Hall Of Doom. Since we had both the Wayne Foundation & Hall of Justice we just used the HOJ as the badguys base anyway.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

Hall of Doom would be amazing I agree. I am kind of surprised FTC isn't pumping out tons of print to order backdrops to go as a side order for their blank playset.

Comment

• zeedox
          Career Member
          • Aug 10, 2007

How about pieces of the vinyl that makes up one of those sets double for partial packaging somehow and they all fit together into a cool playset?

Comment

• KingKickass1983
            Career Member
            • Jan 19, 2019

I'd love to see some vinyl covered cardboard playsets of just random scenes and backdrops. We've been getting a lot of horror figures, maybe a modern horror playset? An alley? or a psycho house?
            Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• zeedox
              Career Member
              • Aug 10, 2007

There really should be a playset or vechicle for every 25 figures released if i recall the original mego vibe...

Comment

• Liu Bei
                Banned
                • Mar 31, 2018

I’d love to see playsets as well. If they’re worried about sales, they can do a crowd funding pitch like you see Mattel, Hasbro, and other big toy companies do for their big ticket items. If you don’t meet your goal, then you don’t waste money in production.

Comment

• Jason73
                  Correctamundo!
                  • Jan 11, 2009

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                  I’d love to see playsets as well. If they’re worried about sales, they can do a crowd funding pitch like you see Mattel, Hasbro, and other big toy companies do for their big ticket items. If you don’t meet your goal, then you don’t waste money in production.
                  I would definitely sign up for a crowd funded Hall of Justice.
                  Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• apes3978
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 19, 2005

While reissues of the original APES sets would be cool for sure, I'd like it if they'd make an underground city set from BENEATH.

Comment

• Wee67
                      Museum Correspondent
                      • Apr 2, 2002

As I am with new Mego figures, I'd be down for any vinyl playsets that Mego didn't make the first time around!
                      Last edited by Wee67; Jan 31, '23, 9:28 AM.
                      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jun 29, 2018

I think the Amsco Apes set scanned in could make some amazing "new" Mego Pota playsets.

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Mego has seemed pretty well set against the traditional style playsets, but maybe the reception of the 50th figures might give them reason to reconsider. Some sort of Hall of Doom would be great, but we'd need more of the Legion as figures to fill it up. Riddler is going to be awfully lonely otherwise...

Comment

• Action Martin
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 30, 2007

I'd love something new for the Planet of the Apes. Perhaps something similar to the Enterprise Bridge playset. A mini Ape City playset. The center section could be the courtroom, the right section could the Hall of Zaius museum, and the left section could be Cornelius and Zira's living room with hidden closet or door.
                            Scott

Comment

• hizzy
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Apr 1, 2023

I wonder if Mego will do any vehicles?

An Ape city playset would be amazing!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢