Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego Super Foes: Penguin-Reverse Flash-Joker Review (Mint Off Card)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego Super Foes: Penguin-Reverse Flash-Joker Review (Mint Off Card)

Bring on the Bad Guys! Mint off Card gives you a sneak preview of figures hitting stores this Spring, the Mego World’s Greatest Superheroes’ next wave full of Super Foes. We look at Penguin, Reverse Flash and Joker. We take them out of the boxes and show you how they stack up against the originals.…
    The post Mego Super Foes: Penguin-Reverse Flash-Joker Review (Mint Off Card) appeared first on Mego Museum.

More...
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

I really like that Reverse Flash, that is the one that will go quick on the shelves.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

It's still a little hard to tell even in close ups: are the eyes on Zoom all red or is it just the irises? As in, if you have toothpick and some paint, you could change the eye color wothout re-painting the whole eye?

Comment

• nubee
        Career Member
        • Feb 15, 2010

It looks like the eyes are all red with black out line...no pupils.

I didn't watch the entire video but was the knee articulation fixed?

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Mego Reverse Flash

Mego 50th Reverse Flash.jpg

The eyes are all red with black 'eyeliner.'
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Jason73
            Correctamundo!
            • Jan 11, 2009

These look really great. Wondering if the knees bend properly on this wave?
            Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Great video! I like these overall, but I do wish Reverse Flash was more Bronze Age-based. The red eyes certainly allude more to Hunter Zolomon's Zoom than Professor Zoom. Still, it's a striking figure. That reverse colors scheme just WORKS. Always has. I can't help but think of the ToyFare mail-in Kenner "Total Justcie" Reverse-Flash recolor of their Flash.

Looks like Joker's whole head is painted? I miss the white plastic of the original a bit. Just some minor niggles. I'm still stoked to get them.
              sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

I can't tell if Joker's head is painted or just glossy, but either way it kinda detracts. Not a deal breaker, but honestly the way that vintage Joker head looked the dull white with the glossy hair was part of the charm. I was hoping to get a refreshed one, but this one kinda looks like a repainted one. Not great paint on your hair either, but I'm sure that's random and likely not on all of them.

I think the Penguin head, by contrast, looks incredible. You could easily show that to someone and they'd think it was vintage. They really nailed that rubbery look without it being rubber. Impressive!

Joker's short sleeve coat looks bad. Material looks a bit thin on both coats. I'm not as bothered by the changes to Penguin's coat, but it is odd that they got some of these things wrong or chose to go different.

Likewise the new body suit designs are interesting. They're both clearly different than the vintage (Penguin's waist coast is much thicker at the bottom) but they're not really better, arguably worse. This was always going to be a challenge since the originals were kinda dopey to begin with, so you either redo them and make them look noticeably better or you just replicate the originals. These seem to spilt the different by replicating but also being different and IMO not as good. Again not a major deal, but if we're evaluating. Joker's tie looks like a spider or something, it doesn't even look like a tie to me.

Reverse Flash looks fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎