X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by Wee67
    I wonder if any interest in Minix might bleed over into an interest in other Mego products. Namely, someone finding and falling in love with 8" Megos.
    Does the Minix packaging even show the Mego logo? Seems like they are launching them as their own brand, so I doubt it would help generate interest in 8" figures.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by pmwasson
      Does the Minix packaging even show the Mego logo? Seems like they are launching them as their own brand, so I doubt it would help generate interest in 8" figures.
      It does have the Mego logo on the bottom of the box.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

I can't imagine Minix will take off as the next big thing, it's as others mentioned about the 500th type of stylized vinyls on the market, but I understand why Mego is doing it and it diversifies their portfolio some and if you can get some of those Funko scraps, might as well. Everyone else is. One wonders if that bubble will ever pop, I mean Funko themselves have create a half dozen knockoffs of their own products too. I think Minix look alright, but stuff like that is more about the license to me than the format.

I think the Squid Game ones would have sold like hotcakes if they could have had them out when that show was big, but I don't think anyone anticipated it being big when it was.

Anywho, good on 'em!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎