• Scott777
    Museum Patron
    • Jan 4, 2023

i'm there trying to figure out what MINIX are

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Someone should ask if we will ever see an exclusive Marty Abrams Mego action figure?

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I know this will elicit eyerolls, but WHY OH WHY is the Penguin's jacket not reproduced properly? That's a specific design element of the original figure, and he is NOT supposed to have the same style jacket as the Joker. FTC screwed this up on their 12" Penguin, too.

I call shenanigans, disappointed.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 20, '23, 9:33 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

vlcsnap-2023-01-20-22h20m32s052.jpgVintage Mego Penguin.jpg

Penguin still looks strange in that outfit no matter what version it is.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

I am just watching now. Marty's comments on Funko are interesting. I have noticed that store exclusives are now showing up later in the online Funko Shop, like Amazon's Spider-Man Sinister Six. Almost like Funko is taking back unsold merchandise.

And did Marty say after three years they finally broke into Harry Potter? I was always disappointed that we didn't get more or at least the main three (missing Hermione) from FTC. I would be all over Mego Harry Potter figures.

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

I wish they would have gotten the Wednesday series Mego, there was so much potential to expand the Monster/Horror lineup.
              vlcsnap-2023-01-20-22h00m09s194.jpgJan 2023.jpg

Minix are what they used to call super deformed figures, big head on little bodies. The came Funko Pop version, so we get Mego version.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

I am not a Alice Cooper fan, but that figure is WOW!

And Wednesday MINIX Pre-order at Amazon.com is Live,

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Thumbs up to Zoom as well.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

I don't really get Minix. The Vinyl market is pretty oversaturated at this point. I do think the 50th figures are really nice.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I do think the Minix are better representations of the characters than 90% of the super-deformed vinyl figures out there, but it does seem like a late entry into the field. But hey, Pops are still selling (or at least they are still getting heavily stocked in stores), so why not try to jump on that bandwagon while it's still got wheels?
                      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        I do think the Minix are better representations of the characters than 90% of the super-deformed vinyl figures out there, but it does seem like a late entry into the field. But hey, Pops are still selling (or at least they are still getting heavily stocked in stores), so why not try to jump on that bandwagon while it's still got wheels?
                        They explained Minix pretty well in the latest live stream. When a major mass retailer brings you an opportunity, you take it. Minix wasn't created in a vacuum, it's certainly not my thing but it would be silly not to take the shelf space.

They're nice and I am curious to see if they take off.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Wee67
                          Museum Correspondent
                          • Apr 2, 2002

I wonder if any interest in Minix might bleed over into an interest in other Mego products. Namely, someone finding and falling in love with 8" Megos.
                          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

They explained Minix pretty well in the latest live stream. When a major mass retailer brings you an opportunity, you take it. Minix wasn't created in a vacuum, it's certainly not my thing but it would be silly not to take the shelf space.

They're nice and I am curious to see if they take off.
                            Well, that's what I get for not watching the whole live stream. To be honest, live streams aren't really my thing. I'd rather watch your review videos, and read about the news here. But I appreciate the background info.
                            sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

The Minix reminds me of the Jada Toys Metals Die Cast collectibles, at least in looks. I don't know if the audience from Minix would crossover to the 8" line, but some collectors just want a property, no matter what it is. That was me when the Batman '66 license finally became a thing and lots of merchandise followed. I think the Wednesday Minix might do very well.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎