X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

RIP David Crosby

Dave passed away today at the age of 81. Sad news. He was a talented man. a bit outspoken at times, but a good dude. I actually got to meet him in high school. He was giving talks to kids about the evils of drugs. I think it was part of his recovery, maybe even part of his parole. His wife Jan was with him and they did a meet a greet afterwards and then we all went to his concert after.
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

@Nostalgiabuff: I'm curious if you got his autograph (if you even wanted one that is)? I ask because I had always heard that he was a really tough signer, meaning he almost never did...

I'm just thinking maybe after lockup, and the reason he was at your school, he might have been a little more 'generous' at the time...

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

RIP to him: Talented guy, though a troubled soul.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

yes, i actually had him sign two things and he didn't seem to have any issue at all with it. unfortunately that was in the days when we did not always have a camera in our pocket and you were not allowed to bring in an actual camera to shows so i was not able to get a photo with him

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Comment

• Mongoose1983
            Career Member
            • May 14, 2010

Rest in Peace David Crosby. One super talented artist.

This is one of my all time favorite long plays. Check it if you can. Some incredible music in it.

0603497843411.jpg
            www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=23692

Comment

• J.B.
              Guild Navigator
              • Jun 23, 2010

Not...not a handsome man. Think it was Bobcat Goldthwait that said he looked like Ben Franklin had sex with a walrus. That being said, I really love this song.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I remember when I first saw an old clip of The Byrds with a young, slim David Crosby. It was a bit jarring.

The guy was certainly talented, and made some wonderful music, but his noteriety as this 60s figure who went through all these legal and health problems, but still survived... he was like the cautionary tale side of the Keith Richards story in a lot of ways.
                sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Loved The Byrds along with CSN&Y

Took it as the highest complement when a restroom janitor (back in the 80's) at a local OTB mistakend me AS THE David Crosby

No BS

RIP

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    I remember when I first saw an old clip of The Byrds with a young, slim David Crosby. It was a bit jarring.

The guy was certainly talented, and made some wonderful music, but his noteriety as this 60s figure who went through all these legal and health problems, but still survived... he was like the cautionary tale side of the Keith Richards story in a lot of ways.
                    yeah, he definitely went through some serious **** and came out the other side. when he gave his drug talk to us high school kids he said he was doing so much coke at one point that it was oozing out of his skin and crystallizing and they just reused it

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎