Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toy Guru is at it again, claiming MOTU is canceled.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
    and it's tough because you really want to smash misinformation but from experience, all it does is spread it further.
    I think that's why Mattel ignores him. Even though being a former employee gives him a false sense of credibility over other toy conspiracy nutters. Because if you debunk one you will end up always be playing disinformation whack a mole with these idiots.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
      I think that's why Mattel ignores him. Even though being a former employee gives him a false sense of credibility over other toy conspiracy nutters. Because if you debunk one you will end up always be playing disinformation whack a mole with these idiots.
      Trust me, after five years of trying to debunk the weirdest Mego rumours, all you get is tired and a target on your back. Just ignore.

Some people are just trying to manifest a reality where the company fails BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T LISTEN TO ME! Yawn.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• KingKickass1983
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2019

So...my local Wal-mart seemed to have stopped carrying MOTU.
        Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

^So, the reset is an exclusion? That worries me--I thought the empty spots were making way for new product and wave 7 & stragglers were being clearanced.

WM stores near me haven't had new figures since mid-September but did have exclusive Roton.
          Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 4, '23, 9:30 PM.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Walmart.com has place holder listings for all the new waves and they also have Mossman and Duplico exclusives. I wouldn't worry about spring resets.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

^What Werewolf said.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Giving this a bump because of the latest weirdness. His YouTube Channel was shut down for a couple days because of copywrite strikes. I think they said it was something like 30. His fans are blaming RetroBlasting and Analog Toys.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

That doesn't surprise me. He is pretty infamous for swiping people's pictures without permission or credit. That said, I avoid all those guys. Way too much drama.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

I still like Tony's (Analog Toys) output, but I wish he wouldn't get in the mud with these guys. But that's his business and choice. I just skip those videos. I used to like Retro Blasting's output, but almost every video is a tirade about something. Just can't get that worked up over something that's supposed to bring me joy.

I avoid Toy Guru like the plague. Kind of surprised he has "fans".
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎