Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toy Guru is at it again, claiming MOTU is canceled.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^Not surprised, but glad to hear it. I wonder if he'll do another video backpedalling this whole thing, or refuting that Mattel is actually planning a longterm cancellation, so when it DOES end, he can claim a victory.

Yeesh.
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Trust me, one thing YouTube attention seekers don't do is redact. I can't tell you how many "Mego is doomed" videos I've seen.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        ... a longterm cancellation

Oh no, entropy.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

A whole slew of MOTU pre-orders and listings are up. Some named and some are just place holders. High points being Point Dread and Talon Fighter for Origins and Grizzlor for Masterverse.

More 2023 Masters Of The Universe Listings Pop Up Online -Origins Talon Fighter with Point Dread, Masterverse Grizzlor, Ram Man, Whiplash And More

I think we can put the MOTU is cancelled rumor to rest.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^Let's put the messenger to rest too.

Man, I loved Point Dread and the Talong Fighter as a kid, even if it was flimsier/lighter than most other MOTU toys. That book/record set it came with, that GORGEOUS Alfredo Alcala artwork, bigger than the mini-comics...WOW. I still have the book and the Talon Fighter. Part of my Point Dread is missing.
            sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

That book/record set it came with, that GORGEOUS Alfredo Alcala artwork, bigger than the mini-comics...WOW. I still have the book and the Talon Fighter. Part of my Point Dread is missing.
              Sadly, a record probably isn't going to happen, but I wonder if we will get a story book with it? That would be really cool.

I forgot to mention some of the un-named placeholder listings are for Sun Man Duplico and 2002 King Randor for Origins and Savage Eternia Moss Man for the CGI Netflix line.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Even more MOTU listings including Origins Spikor, Squeeze, Snake Face and Dragon Blaster Skeletor.

Even More Masters Of The Universe Origins And Masterverse Listings Pop Up Online - Webstor, Clawful, Whiplash And More

I doubt this will stop the conspiracy nutters and rage merchants that are still pushing the MOTU is cancelled nonsense but hope springs eternal.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

It's an interesting list, and I'm especially excited about Spikor & Snake-Face.

Still holding out for Sy-Klone, Two-Bad, and Modulok, though.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne

Still holding out for Sy-Klone, Two-Bad, and Modulok, though.
                    I'd be shocked if we don't get Sy-Klone and Two-Bad.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I agree, Sy-klone likely deluxe and Modulock could be done more simply like Mantenna.

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

I always scrolled past this thread as I could not figure out what it was about... then the name finally clicked... Whew! I haven't heard that name in a long time! As a long time collector of Mattel's DCUC, JLU, MOTU dabbler, MattyCollector Ghostbusters and Voltron, I should have recognized it immediately. I was basically kicked off a toy board because I agreed with negative comments that were considered bashing (I wasn't banned, but I could not reset my password, asked for help from management, which was ignored multiple times, so once I was logged off from the only system I was still logged on with, I was essential locked out of the board). The thread has moved past this person, so I apologize for any rehashing, but I just read the whole thread and had to make a little comment. BoyWonder was great!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

I hate to revive this thread, but I was just browsing YouTube and saw ToyGuru/Spector Creative posted a new video: "Why You're Seeing New MOTU Figures When the Line is Cancled". WOW. Man, this guy really does live in his own little world. He is so stuck on himself he refuses to go quietly into the night and just drop this, OR admit he was dead wrong. I didn't watch the video, because I'm not giving him that click, but...again, WOW.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

I hate to revive this thread, but I was just browsing YouTube and saw ToyGuru/Spector Creative posted a new video: "Why You're Seeing New MOTU Figures When the Line is Cancled". WOW. Man, this guy really does live in his own little world. He is so stuck on himself he refuses to go quietly into the night and just drop this, OR admit he was dead wrong.
                            Gotta keep moving that goal post. Gotta get them clicks. He has no idea. I mean according to him Mattel doesn't even own MOTU and should have already lost the license by now. Shockingly that didn't happen.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, when he insists on dying on THAT hill, that should bring everything he says into question. He's definitely trying to justify his previous videos, and sliding that MOTU Doomsday date forward every time.
                              sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

It has a specific "Brainy Smurf" energy around it. Certain folks I know on YT seem to think it's pointless to discuss and won't engage. That's always been my MO, and it's tough because you really want to smash misinformation but from experience, all it does is spread it further.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎