X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Superman & Lois: sseason 3

Now that we know that this show takes place the DC Comics Multiverse and not on the Arrowverse planet.

The coming of Bruno Manheim, the gangster who ran the criminal organization called Intergang.

A new Fortress of Solitude, which Clark Kent created alongside his family in the final scene of "Waiting for Superman." The new Fortress is more remote than the original, being located on an island made of crystal somewhere in the Arctic Sea.

A new Jonathan Kent! Michael Bishop, who is replacing Jordan Elsass.
    New Kent twins.jpg
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Looking forward to this season, but with WB and the CW both in total upheaval, I'm half-expecting it to be the last.
    sigpic

Comment

• Scott777
      Museum Patron
      • Jan 4, 2023

Well, they got rid of their best show, Star Girl, so you are prolly right. I think CW is tired of good shows making their other shows look worse.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^Stargirl Season 3 was the best yet. My family just binged most of it the last week or so. We're all really going to miss it. Great ending, though!
        sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

CW got bought by right-wing christian group who wants to go back to reality type shows because it's cheaper and does not want to promote any queer related shows.

I expect all the scripted shows to end once they get in full control. Maybe S&L can make it on HBO Max afterwards.
          Last edited by monitor_ep; Jan 17, '23, 1:51 PM.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by monitor_ep
            CW got bought by right-wing christian group who wants to go back to reality type shows because it's cheaper and does not want to promote any queer related shows.

I expect all the scripted shows to end once they get in full control. Maybe S&L can make it on HBO Max afterwards.
            CW was bought by Nextstar Media Group, which is a big player in local news. Apparently, they are also behind MeTV.

I know the new CEO has a history in reality programming, and spoke about broadening the demographics from CW's teen-focused programming (largely to get a better lead in to the 10 o'clock news). But I haven't seen anything about them being a "right-wing Christian group". Where are you getting that from?

Comment

• Scott777
              Museum Patron
              • Jan 4, 2023

If that is true then why would they get rid of Star Girl? It's the only CW show that doesn't have a queer character in it, unless something is going on between Rick and Solomon Grundy that i missed.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

In 2020, Nexstar underwent a corporate reorganization, under which its primary subsidiaries of Nexstar Broadcasting and Nexstar Digital were merged into the operating subsidiary Nexstar, Inc. More cancellations are expected as Nexstar pivots to cheaper content in a bid to offset the network’s costs and strive for profitability by 2025. Nexstar seeks to revamp The CW as a network, mixing scripted and unscripted content and showcasing them to wider audiences. The company also looks to expand beyond genre programming to broaden its horizons. Nextar loves to airs older programs to fill in the blanks but with streaming caught on they are having a problem,

NewsNation there original newsprogram that was to be non-biased changed when they were not doing well so against the other news chanels so they brought in excited FoxNews people in hopes to bring up ratings.

When Nextar stated it wanted to buy CW it was not for its shows, it wanted the network's channel placement. Now it could be that DC Comics decided to stop splitting the shows with CBS and wanted to end its shows on their own so they could air them on HBOMax before they got bought out. I use the word "right-wing christian" to explain the anti-queer ex-president followers. Sorry, even in my family I have to deal with it.

Stargirl was supposed to have gotten a spin-off Infinity Inc in which Obsidian (gay), Jade where going to lookup the other comic book sidekicks. Tou have to remember both HBOMax & CW changed so everything that was planned, got shelved.
                Last edited by monitor_ep; Jan 17, '23, 5:25 PM.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Scott777
                  Museum Patron
                  • Jan 4, 2023

Stargirl was supposed to have gotten a spin-off Infinity Inc in which Obsidian (gay)
                  oh yeah, i totally forgot about that one episode. Well, you know every show has to have it ever since Sanctuary, the Sci-Fi channel series.
                  Anyways, the whole show is a modern adaptation of Infinity Inc, but with Stargirl at the center (relating it a little more to the 2000 JSA comics).
                  This reminds me of what happened to ION. It has become the detective re-run channel after it was sold, just over a year ago.
                  Stargirl and Superman&Lois were the only 2 shows on TV i had any interest in, and Superman&Lois almost lost me a few times when the "15" year old sons kept partying unrealistically.
                  Why did they replace the Jonathan? is it because he's in his mid 20s, and showing it?

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

first off he was an anti-vaxer so it made it hard to work with him when everybody else was following protocols.

During interviews people keep asking him if they were going to follow the comic books and introduces Jon Kents byfriend and he keep saying this is the mutliverse and we are not following the comic books.

Jordan Elsass stated: having chosen to prioritize his own mental health over his part in the series and admitting that he did not even know when he would return to acting at all.
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Well, if that's true, they might want to check their ads on the CW streaming app. When we watch it, a LOT of the ads are clearly aimed at gay viewers.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Scott777
                        Museum Patron
                        • Jan 4, 2023

During interviews people keep asking him if they were going to follow the comic books and introduces Jon Kents byfriend and he keep saying this is the mutliverse and we are not following the comic books.
                        It isn't the same as the comic book, at all. In the comics, Superman has ONE son, not twins. That immediately separated this from the comics. Why would they not follow the comics from episode one, and then cover the comics? That makes no sense. You'd have to kill off Jordan, by retconning him out of existence.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Superman and Lois season 4. Should be called Lana and Lois. Superman is hardly ever in it. I think it went from a great show to total trash. Every episode gets harder to watch than the previous one.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

I cannot stand how the Super Sons are just whiney brats, And tonight they Disneyfied the villain, making the audience feel sympathy for them. I hate that.
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

I haven't watched this week's episode. I think this season is pretty strong, if a bit too maudlin for its own good. Hey, at least the Super-Sons aren't underage drinking every week with no consequences like the early seasons. Way to parent, Superman!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎