X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Vintage Mego: Micronauts Astro Station

Vintage Mego returns to the interchangeable world of the Micronauts with this look at the Astro Station Playset. Originally a toy made for the Japanese market Mego would sell it worldwide. #mego #micronauts #microman New to the channel? Subscribe! ?https://bit.ly/3D3zxJK Get Toy-Ventures Magazine here: http://www.toyventuresmag.com Pod Stallions Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/podst… Follow PlaidStallions on Social Media:…
    The post Vintage Mego: Micronauts Astro Station appeared first on Mego Museum.

More...
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

I forgot it was Mego that started the American craze for 3 - 3.75 inch action figures. My brother and I did not collect them growing up, we were big on Superheroes.

Eventually we did start to collect the 3.75 inch figures but by then I do not remember seeing Micronauts. This playset would have come in handy with with my brothers robot world.
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Jan 14, '23, 11:39 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Fun video--I like this playset a lot!
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Scott777
        Museum Patron
        • Jan 4, 2023

loved the video. i was on live last night, under the name Scottニリ of course..not too much of a stretch.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I still don't know how I managed to totally miss out on the Micronauts as a kid. Of course I was 5 when the line was cancelled, but still. This playset looks sweet! I used to use the rocket launcher in the back of the M.A.S.K. Rhino rig to launch the figures, so it's nice to see Takara and Mego actually MEANT for kids to do that with the Microman/Micronauts.
          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Micronauts were wonderful, I had several. I was particularly fond of the in-house Aliens line-extension.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
              Creature Of The Night
              • May 14, 2011

I had this guy (he's the one and only Micronaut I ever bought):

Thinking back, this might be the very first toy that I bought for the sole purpose of displaying it. If I remember correctly, after I put him together, I put him on the narrow shelf that my Dad helped me build for my cassettes. It could have been as early as '79, but more likely '80. All I can remember clearly is that I was in high school, and I had about 30-40 cassettes at that point.

I remember still having him up through the late 80's, but I don't know what happened to him after that, or that shelf now that I think about it.

The next toy that I bought for the sole purpose of displaying (same shelf) was this little guy...

Several years later, I added an Emperor to the collection (my second and final Star Wars figure of that era), some M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, and this guy...

It would be about a decade later ('94) when Toy Biz and a little fledgling company named Todd Toys had me and a few friends stalking the aisles of toy stores, comic shops & department stores looking for the newest & coolest.

Amazing how many memories can be evoked from a single inspiration!

Thank you for posting this!

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

This is such a great and unique playset. Still have mine from when I was a kid, and still love it. Back in the day, I passed on Star Wars stuff in favor of the Micronauts, because the 'nauts were better, more posable figures. And the aliens were amazing.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎