X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Jazwares Smurfs

Jazwares announced they had the Smurfs license in the fall of 2020 but I had not heard any updates until I found these. I haven't seen these figures officially announced anywhere yet. The box says 40th anniversary. But Smurfs have been around since 1958 so this set is probably supposed to tie into the Hanna Barbera cartoon from 1981 even though the timing is couple of years off. The set also uses the 2021 series designs. The 81 cartoon combined Greedy and Chef into one character.

smurfsjazwares.JPG

Nice little figures. Only jointed at the neck. They are the same size as modern Schleich Smurfs. Which also makes them a little larger than the vintage Bully and Schleich figures. Jazwares is also making articulated Smurfs figures from the 2021 cartoon.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Scott777
    Museum Patron
    • Jan 4, 2023

since 1958??? I thought they were invented in France in the 70s. That is an eye-opener! I was just thinking of Smurfs the other day since Dollar Tree has started putting out garden stuff, including these cute little Mushroom homes...like a more realistic Smurf home. I would love to have some Smurfs, but I'd more love to find some Strawberry Shortcake minis of same size. I have 3 sitting on my desk and they still smell well.
    EDIT: Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Where will these be sold?

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Scott777
      Where will these be sold?
      I got them from amazon.com. Moose Toys has the Strawberry Shortcake license but the only thing I've seen so far is a rag doll.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Scott777
        Museum Patron
        • Jan 4, 2023

did you see the "Smurfs VS GARGAMEL 6 Figure Multipack - Features 2-Inch Smurfette, Papa Smurf, Brainy Smurf, Baby Smurf..." set? man, i wish i had infinite money and infinite space.
        I still have Azriel around here somewhere.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Scott777
          did you see the "Smurfs VS GARGAMEL 6 Figure Multipack
          I picked up that set too. Very similar to the figures Jakks released for the Lost Village movie but with more articulation.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎