Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

My son and I went and saw this last night. I really enjoyed it! I found it leaps better than Thor 4 and the most recent Dr. Strange.

It's not perfect of course, but it was well worth my $6 and change to watch it.

2 post credit scenes by the way....
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I have enjoyed all the Marvel films and series to one extent or another. They entertian me, and that's all they are supposed to do, as far as I'm concerned. Having said that, I really enjoyed Quantumania. It was very inventive and visually stunning, and I appreciated the completely gonzo world we were dropped in, along with the cast. Majors as Kang was a great villain, and his threat seemed very real.

SOMEWHAT SPOILER-Y

I do think it's interesitng that Scott's old crew is entirely absent from this film. Feige and the other creators now know movie audiences will accept the most outlandish comic aspects of these characters, so we don't need Luis and the others to "ground" things much anymore. Which is kind of sad, really. I hope we don't totally lose the "human" touch.
      sigpic

Comment

• Dark Shadow
        Creature Of The Night
        • May 14, 2011

We went to see it yesterday, and we both enjoyed it overall. It did have a bit of a Star Wars vibe though, and the absence of Luis, Kurt & David in this installment was disappointing, as was the inclusion of Bill Murray (seemed awkwardly out of place). Aside from those small quibbles it was a fun ride. Paul Rudd is always a gem, Michelle Pfeiffer & Michael Douglas were great, and Jonathan Majors did an excellent job with his role as Kang...really looking forward to seeing more of him in the upcoming installments.

Oh, and Corey Stoll as M.O.D.O.K...worth the price of admission!

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

Bill Murray was kind of odd, I think they were going for a Ragnarok Jeff Goldblum as Grandmaster vibe, but it didn't work IMO.

I did like Majors at Kang for sure, and M.O.D.O.K. was a pleasant surprise.
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

My wife was like "Why was Bill Murray even in this? He's on screen for like five minutes?". I tend to agree. He kind of blips in, and that's it. He seemed restrained for Bill Murray as well. Maybe he pulled a Ricard Pryor. Richard Lester and the Salkinds expected him to ad-lib and be funny in Superman III...and he didn't.
            sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Boyfriend & I saw the movie early, just haven't had time to explore it. We are going tomorrow and rewatch it in 3D for the fun of it.

I did like the movie version of the Micronauts (I will go into detail later).

All in all I thought it was a good movie, not great but good. I was surprised at the MODAK, that was a fun bit. I also like that this movie goes against the past MCU. The main badguy from the first movie has a redemption moment, they didn't kill the parental figures to add that unnecessary pain in the heart feeling. Even though the villain is killed, in truth he isn't.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

This movie was made for 3D, once the team enters the "Microverse" everything popped and looks so much better. If you're going to watch this movie at the theater, make sure you pay the extra and watch it in a 3D theater.
                Last edited by monitor_ep; Feb 22, '23, 9:59 PM.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

The movie was fine. It had a bit too much of a Star Wars vibe to it for me though. The story was pretty thin too. It felt like it would have worked better as five 30 minutes episodes on Disney+ than as a theatrical release. Jonathan Majors was great and I always enjoy Paul Rudd as Ant-Man. The rest of the main cast was good too. But probably not a rewatch for me.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

It just started streaming on Disney+. It wasn't bad. I don't get all of the hate for this on YouTube. But then again this is Disney and for whatever reason,YouTube hates Disney.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I enjoyed the movie. I get the criticisms on some of the CGI being a little underbaked, especially MODOK, but other parts were really well executed. It's a fun flick.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                        valar morghulis
                        • Mar 8, 2005

I turned this on Friday night not expecting much (I barely remember the other Ant-Man films), and was pleasantly surprised. A very creative film with lots of humor and heart. Particularly enjoyed Michelle Pfeiffer and Jonathon Majors (and of course MODOK )

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎