Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego 50th Anniversary WGSH - What's in Wave 4?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hizzy
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 1, 2023

I'm sure Lex Luthor is in the pipeline, but I wonder what version they will do. Mad Scientist Lex? Super Powers Armour Lex? Super Friends Lex? I'm kind of rooting for Super Friends Lex.

Comment

• hizzy
      Museum Super Collector
      • Apr 1, 2023

Oh, where does Two Face fit in the line up? Is he in wave 2?

Comment

• KingKickass1983
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by hizzy
        I'm sure Lex Luthor is in the pipeline, but I wonder what version they will do. Mad Scientist Lex? Super Powers Armour Lex? Super Friends Lex? I'm kind of rooting for Super Friends Lex.
        Oh man...Super friends Lex would be cool, but I'd REALLY like to see an armored Lex.
        Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• phil
          Persistent Member
          • May 11, 2007

Tarzan is trademarked so the rights to use the name would have to be licensed.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by phil
            Tarzan is trademarked so the rights to use the name would have to be licensed.
            I would love to see a Tarzan 50th Anniversary figure.

Comment

• hizzy
              Museum Super Collector
              • Apr 1, 2023

Bizzaro on the way! That gives us 6 villains now! Do you think there will be more?

Comment

• shooby32
                • Jun 1, 2007

I hope in the Super Gals wave, they correct the FTC issue and use Wonder Woman's correct head, not Supergirl's.....

I know it wouldn't be correct, but I'd love 8" scale Titans to go with og Robin...lol

Comment

• TheXFactor
                  Museum Patron
                  • Oct 31, 2013

Originally posted by Jase
                  While I appreciate the nod to yesteryear, I’m just not sure that it’s smart retail-wise. I can see pegs being warmed.
                  Honestly, I think brick & mortar retail sales are secondary for these kinds of specialty releases (ditto for FTC, CTVT, etc). Most of the people who are buying these now are the same people who bought them in the 70s (i.e. us) as opposed to the children who actually go into toy departments nowadays. Target notoriously botched the original 2018 relaunch in a good amount of their locations, and I've yet to actually see a single 50th Anniversary figure at ANY Walmart despite them being available since November of last year. Which means they either never got there to begin with, or they sold out immediately. That's literally the opposite of a "peg-warmer". Much as I'd enjoy the experience of buying these at a retail store, I haven't had the opportunity to do so. That being said, I can just go to ZLC Collectibles and point/click/pay/done.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by shooby32
                    I hope in the Super Gals wave, they correct the FTC issue and use Wonder Woman's correct head, not Supergirl's.....

I know it wouldn't be correct, but I'd love 8" scale Titans to go with og Robin...lol
                    I've been dreaming of someone doing this. FTC, Mego, whoever.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

No Super Friends Lex would be a huge missed opportunity.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

A Mego fanzine has revealed Bizarro and Two-Face. Rather modern-looking sculpts and Bizarro's costume is dark blue and purple.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                          Radioactive!
                          • Feb 13, 2010

I saw those pictures---great sculpts, but a bit more modern than I would prefer. I'm definitely getting Bizarro but I will switch his uniform to classic red and blue.

Comment

• hizzy
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Apr 1, 2023

Is it okay to share the photo?
                            Last edited by hizzy; Jun 27, '23, 1:44 AM.

Comment

• hizzy
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Apr 1, 2023

Very modern, un-mego like sculpts. Perhaps they are early versions? I can't see those fitting in well along side the current line up.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jun 22, 2011

Agreed. Not a fan of modern versions of characters in the 50th line. Very out of place.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎