Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego 50th Anniversary WGSH - What's in Wave 4?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by TitansLair
    ...Maybe instead of a Montgomery Ward exclusive they can make it an online exclusive LOL
    Yes, something promotional or online.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Scott777
      Museum Patron
      • Jan 4, 2023

I'd like something old and yet new: Captain Atom and Blue Beetle, from that era (not the modern BB)

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

I could never see how you could have Superman adventures without eventually needing Clark; same with the other heroes. Also couldn't see how you have the Dynamic Duo without Alfred, but you can't fight entrenched toy industry dogma, I guess. Thank goodness for Action Jackson clothes and eventually learning how to sew. I'd like to see at least the scret IDs for the big three we had in the old days, and maybe give us Diana Prince in Peter Parker's stead. Seriously, retailers can't claim that no one knows Clark Kent or Bruce Wayne, especially when they just carried a Bruce Wayne figure on the shelves.

Comment

• Xavion2004
          • Dec 15, 2022

Originally posted by monitor_ep

I would love it if they would release Mera, Black Canary, Zatanna, Hawkgirl.
          Ah, a man after my own heart. Not just four of my favorite DC female characters, but four of my favorite characters in general.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by scott metzger
            I could never see how you could have Superman adventures without eventually needing Clark; same with the other heroes. Also couldn't see how you have the Dynamic Duo without Alfred, but you can't fight entrenched toy industry dogma, I guess. Thank goodness for Action Jackson clothes and eventually learning how to sew. I'd like to see at least the scret IDs for the big three we had in the old days, and maybe give us Diana Prince in Peter Parker's stead. Seriously, retailers can't claim that no one knows Clark Kent or Bruce Wayne, especially when they just carried a Bruce Wayne figure on the shelves.
            Totally agree. Preach!

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Martian Manhunter would be a great addition, even though he wasn't a regular in JLA during much of Mego's run. But if they want to keep with the "how it would have been done in the 70's" motif, he'd need to be done on the Neptunian-color green body. Both Hulk and Green Goblin were done with the darker green flesh tone rather than the lighter green of the Mattel or FTC J'Onn figures.

Comment

• Jase
                Museum Patron
                • Sep 22, 2021

I think they should’ve done a mix with each wave of hero/villain/heroine. Seems odd to have a wave be all villains and another that’s all female characters.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Jase
                  I think they should’ve done a mix with each wave of hero/villain/heroine. Seems odd to have a wave be all villains and another that’s all female characters.
                  It's following the original line up though. Superheroes. Super Foes. Super Gals.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Perhaps the waves with new characters, beginning with wave 5, could be assortments.
                    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 19, '23, 10:35 PM.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

With the pattern of Super Heroes/Super Foes/Super Gals, it would be great to have a line of official Mego Super Supporting Cast Members. I don't think I'd call the Super Supporters for obvious reasons.

But four great ones to have would be:

Alfred
                      Commissioner Gordon
                      Lois Lane
                      Jimmy Olsen

I know CTVT made these, but I want them from Mego.
                      sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Still hoping to see Teen Titans pop up in the 50th line, preferably on the shorter bodies. I could live with that change (and maybe would prefer it) if Mego didn't want to develop a shorter body to match the original Titans. Those original Teen Titans all had such great looking costumes.

Comment

• 80's Kid
                          • Jul 3, 2022

I'm probably only going with newly released figures from here on out. Maybe I'd buy a couple Marvels if they came out. I'm still trying to complete my vintage collection so it's hard to shift that money on modern replicas of the vintage figures I either have or want. I could go for Secret ID's or Teen Titans as stand in's until I could acquire vintage copies. I'm 0/4 on Secret ID's and 1/4 on Teen Titans. Secret ID's are more of a pipe dream for me but who knows. I've acquired some things I didn't expect to turn up. It could happen.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                            Radioactive!
                            • Feb 13, 2010

Titans on the shorter bodies is a great idea.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                              Banned
                              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by johnpauljones
                              I would also think NonRC Batman and NonRM Robin would be candidates. How much would the license for Tarzan possibly be?
                              I’d also pony up for Red Tornado. He was in the JLA during Mego’s heyday.
                              As long as it’s based on any version of Tarzan prior to 1924, licensing would not be necessary.

Comment

• Jase
                                Museum Patron
                                • Sep 22, 2021

Originally posted by palitoy
                                It's following the original line up though. Superheroes. Super Foes. Super Gals.
                                While I appreciate the nod to yesteryear, I’m just not sure that it’s smart retail-wise. I can see pegs being warmed.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎