Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Orion1
    • Apr 7, 2010

Mego 50th EASY Leg Fix/Mod

Now that the rest of my original order of Mego Super Heroes finally arrived I had a chance to figure out how to fix the Leg issue.

Apologies if someone already shared this info, I was not keeping up to date with the news here for the last few weeks.

It is extremely easy to fix and here's a few pictures.

First are two standard Robins the one on the Left is going to be modified.

Here is the normal range of Knee motion.

Heat up or Boil a cup of water and insert the figures legs in the water to soften the plastic. Then simply pop off the knee joint from the upper thigh.

Here is a view of the back of the Legs with the knee joint removed. While the plastic is still pliable from the Heat simply trim off a bit behind the leg about a finger nail clipping amount - that's it.

Then pop it back together.

Here is the difference it makes on the figure and it doesn't make that much of a visible difference on the Legs.

I like this new Mego body over any other body made in this scale, and I'm planning to do this mod on the rest of my new Megos.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

That's simple and does look good. Thanks!

Seems to me using a dremel on the thigh in a similar fashion would work, too.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

I posted one, but yours is better! Well done!
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• rayray
        • May 21, 2013

Originally posted by Orion1
        Now that the rest of my original order of Mego Super Heroes finally arrived I had a chance to figure out how to fix the Leg issue.

Apologies if someone already shared this info, I was not keeping up to date with the news here for the last few weeks.

It is extremely easy to fix and here's a few pictures.

First are two standard Robins the one on the Left is going to be modified.

Here is the normal range of Knee motion.

Heat up or Boil a cup of water and insert the figures legs in the water to soften the plastic. Then simply pop off the knee joint from the upper thigh.

Here is a view of the back of the Legs with the knee joint removed. While the plastic is still pliable from the Heat simply trim off a bit behind the leg about a finger nail clipping amount - that's it.

Then pop it back together.

Here is the difference it makes on the figure and it doesn't make that much of a visible difference on the Legs.

I like this new Mego body over any other body made in this scale, and I'm planning to do this mod on the rest of my new Megos.
        These visuals make all the difference for a non-dextrous non-customiser like myself. Thank you!

Comment

• nubee
          Career Member
          • Feb 15, 2010

Many thanks

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡