X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

First look at Mego 50th Anniversary Joker

Mego Corp has shared it’s 50th anniversary Joker packaging with us and it’s a total call back with one difference. There was an issue with the original Mego Joker logo as WB didn’t have it in their toolkit, so they found an era appropriate substitute.
    The post First look at Mego 50th Anniversary Joker appeared first on Mego Museum.

More...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

The logo is from May/June '75 and likely on news-stands in February. I'm just OK with it, as I love the original font. It's worth noting that Catwoman on that '75 issue is still in her mod "pirate" costume, but by issue #9 in '76 she'd resumed her classic '40s costume.

I wouldn't mind Mego using something else for Penguin's logo if it means snowy letters will be used for Mr. Freeze.

The suit fabrics and screening look excellent, though the sleeves are short.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• greenlanternmego89
      • May 8, 2010

These 50th Anniversary figures are going to drive me into debt. I'm really loving these! This one may be my favorite!

Comment

• Xavion2004
        • Dec 15, 2022

I’m a little disappointed that they couldn’t use the original logo, but the one they went with would have been my second choice as well. You can see the prototype box with the original logo on Entertainment Earth’s preorder page along with promo pics of the figures and boxes for Riddler, Penguin, and Reverse Flash. I’m all in on these 50th anniversary figures, but as was the case 47 years ago, I’m just not as excited about these as I was the first eight. I’m looking forward to the Super-Gals , though.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Hey, at least it's not some modern Joker with his face cut off or something! It's of the era, and okay by me. That's THE Joker logo for me, anyhow.
          sigpic

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

Completely agree Earth 2 Chris. Not a fan of the modern Jokers. This is my Joker. As for the logo... this is definitely the best one if the original can't be used.

Comment

• Xavion2004
              • Dec 15, 2022

I did love that short lived Joker solo title back in the 70s. I had most of the run right off the rack and filled on the gaps later on.

It was such a fun book. I miss the days of the Comic Code Authority. Call me old fashioned, but I don’t find the dark themes and sadistic violence of today’s comics entertaining.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

The window box the Joker is in, has the faces of the heroes on the front, curious about the side panels? wondering if the card art changes over to the other villains when released?
                Last edited by TrekStar; Jan 5, '23, 9:45 PM.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                  SynthoRes Transmigrator
                  • Oct 24, 2007

This is a keeper for me and love the result. Both box and figure. Nicely done Mego. Excited to add to my collection.

Comment

• Makernaut
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 22, 2015

Just got notice from ZLC that the Penguin, Joker, and Riddler I ordered have shipped.

Comment

• warlock664
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Makernaut
                      Just got notice from ZLC that the Penguin, Joker, and Riddler I ordered have shipped.
                      Same.
                      Although I also have Reverse-Flash coming!

Comment

• Makernaut
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 22, 2015

Just got a box of Villains from ZLC in today’s mail.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                          Creature Of The Night
                          • May 14, 2011

Got my villains over the weekend, and I'm completely happy with all of them. The only (minor) complaints I have are the hang tags and the seal at the bottom (present on the ones I got from BBTS & ZLC, so I'm assuming this is direct from the factory?).

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎