X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

DS9 on Pluto TV

Pluto TV just released a new channel called More Trek. Right now,it's mostly DS9. Later on they could have other Trek shows like with their first Trek channel which swaps between TNG and TOS.
  • Scott777
    Museum Patron
    • Jan 4, 2023

i watched it for several days hoping to figure out if it is ONLY DS9...or maybe Voyager...nope, all that i saw was DS9. HBY?

Comment

• Liu Bei
      Banned
      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by jwyblejr
      Pluto TV just released a new channel called More Trek. Right now,it's mostly DS9. Later on they could have other Trek shows like with their first Trek channel which swaps between TNG and TOS.
      Cool. I’ve been watching DS9 on DVD, so I’ll probably stick to that since there are no ads I have to sit through, but glad for others. If you haven’t seen DS9 before, I highly recommend it. The only real stinker episodes 5 seasons in have been the Worf-centric episodes. Everything else is consistently good Trek.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

They just added Voyager.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
          Career Member
          • Jun 8, 2015

MORN!!!!!!

Comment

• rykerw1701
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by Liu Bei
            Cool. I’ve been watching DS9 on DVD, so I’ll probably stick to that since there are no ads I have to sit through, but glad for others. If you haven’t seen DS9 before, I highly recommend it. The only real stinker episodes 5 seasons in have been the Worf-centric episodes. Everything else is consistently good Trek.
            I've been giving DS9 another chance this year. I watched it sporadically originally, so there's a lot I either never saw or didn't get, because it was the only one of the 90's Trek that wasn't entirely episodic. So far I generally like the Worf episodes, but I get pretty tired of the Ferengi themed ones. And Dax never seems to have much to do other than make quips and smile. Odo rules.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
              valar morghulis
              • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by rykerw1701
              So far I generally like the Worf episodes, but I get pretty tired of the Ferengi themed ones.
              The Ferengi bored me to death on TNG, but DS9 took them to a whole new level.. Quark, Rom, Nog, Zek, Moogie, Brunt etc were all wonderfully developed supporting characters. "The Magnificent Ferengi" is one of my favorite episodes of the whole series

Comment

• Liu Bei
                Banned
                • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                I've been giving DS9 another chance this year. I watched it sporadically originally, so there's a lot I either never saw or didn't get, because it was the only one of the 90's Trek that wasn't entirely episodic. So far I generally like the Worf episodes, but I get pretty tired of the Ferengi themed ones. And Dax never seems to have much to do other than make quips and smile. Odo rules.
                I’ve mostly enjoyed the Ferengi episodes, with the exception of Rom becoming a Marxist in one episode. The idea could have been really funny, it just wasn’t executed well.

I really like all the DS9 characters, but Dax was maybe the most misused character since Troi from TNG.

Agree on Odo. He is awesome. But so are Sisko, Kira, Quark, Rom, Bashir, and O’Brien. I even don’t mind Jake, who seems to have reached almost Wesley Crusher type proportions with how much he is disliked. I thought his relationship with Nog was always handled really well.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎