Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenlanternmego89
    • May 8, 2010

The Hunt for a Lost Mego figure.

I've been trying to hunt something down for a very long time. I can't find any leads so I am hoping someone here can help or at least have some idea of where to point me.

Back in the late 2000s/early 2010s my parents bought me a MEGO-esque figure from the early grungey days of Newbury Comics. I say "MEGO-esque" because it used MEGO parts, packaging, pieces, etc. it just wasn't by MEGO themselves of course. This figure was a superhero that wore all white. I don't believe it was a major label's hero, but I guess it was well-known enough to warrant a figure to be made by a company.

I wish I still had the figure to see if there was any sort of labeling on it that would indicate any sort of company but I can't seem to locate it anymore.

The figure used the Robin head with blonde hair. I have attached an image of it from online to show you how the head looked. It was a hard plastic for the head, not pliable or rubbery like usual MEGO figures. The skin tone was VERY tan on the face for some reason as well. His full body suit, as mentioned, was all white and had a gold cloth belt. With the plastic molded gloves and superhero boots all in white as well. He may have had a cape, I do not remember fully. But he did have a removable cowl if I remember correctly.

The Robin head that was used for it:

I can not for the life of me remember the name of this character for this figure. I am looking to rebuy him for my collection and I've hit a wall.

If anyone has any clue I would appreciate it SO MUCH. I am STRESSING over this information for some obsessive reason, ha ha.

Happy New Year!
    Last edited by greenlanternmego89; Jan 3, '23, 12:13 PM. Reason: Item has been found!
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm stymied. A cowl--what color? Could it be a custom figure from Cap't. Eli--he used to offer figures of custom characters along whth Sea Ghost, c. 2010-2011?

Was it in a clamshell with cardback?
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 2, '23, 6:48 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Doc Mego worked on a run of public domain superheroes around that time. This sounds like it may be one of those.

Your description doesn't seem to match one of these specific ones, but maybe this helps point you in the right direction? There doesn't seem to be much lasting evidence on the internet about that endeavor.

WELCOME TO THE MIB MASTER TOY MUSEUM !!! TODAY, FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE, MIB WILL BE EXAMINING AND EXPLORING, THE PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES !!!! IS T...

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I recall some of those, and I think some were on the Capt'n Eli site with others. Black Bat & Red Panther are definitely familiar.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

It does sounds like something Doc Mego might have been involved with? at that time places like Newbury comics were selling the EMCE Diamond Select figures which is where I got my Star Trek aliens.

Blonde hair Dick Grayson head dressed in an all white bodysuit with a gold cloth belt white plastic gloves and boots? Sounds like an easy custom put together.

You could just contact Paul and describe what it looked like and ask him if he knows anything or it could have been something classic tv toys put out since Newbury comics were selling those figures around the same time as well.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Actually, yeah, that was a post-9/11 character made to raise money. His cape was an American flag.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• greenlanternmego89
              • May 8, 2010

You all have been SUPER SUPER helpful, and even guided me to some unknown figures that were out there! (I just purchased a Sea Ghost figure because of this thread.) So thank you for taking time to help out with this!

A piece of information that came back to me throughout the night what that it actually didn't have a cape. It was a white long sleeve jacket that went down to about his knees with gold material where the buttons would be.

I remembered this last night because it was the only remaining thing I owned besides the standard figure itself that im still trying to locate in storage. The jacket wasn't shiny, it was standard cloth material, but the gold parts did have a shine to them.

He still had the white spandex super suit with plastic white boots and white gloves as mentioned before. With a golden belt like this one below.

THE GOLD BELT:

To answer an earlier question, he DID come in the plastic shell that was similarly used for the EMCE Star Trek figures at that time period. I bought my EMCE Spock around that same time period at the same Newbury Comics.

It very well could have been an original hero by Classic TV or a public domain figure that was sold in stores. I just wish there was some sort of documentation of it! I feel like I'm going crazy, ha ha!

Thanks for all the info provided to me! I now want a Black Bat figure because of this research. Time for me to dive into Public domain heroes to see if there is one who resembles this character!

Comment

• palitoy
                • Jun 16, 2001

Was it this guy?

Comment

• greenlanternmego89
                  • May 8, 2010

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. Thank you so much!!!!!! I had the non-bloodied version. You are all amazing, thank you again!
                  Last edited by greenlanternmego89; Jan 3, '23, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• palitoy
                    • Jun 16, 2001

It took me forever to remember this character's name.

Comment

• greenlanternmego89
                      • May 8, 2010

Originally posted by palitoy
                      It took me forever to remember this character's name.
                      I don't know how you did it but I'm happy you did! Can't wait to re-add him to my collection! Will post an update when he is in hand again!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

i've never seen the blood splatter version. i have the regular version i got for like $5 bucks at a comic shop years ago. i figured it was worth it for the parts alone but i have never opened it or done anything with it

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

i'd be willing to sell mine if you are interested shoot me a message

Comment

• Xavion2004
                            • Dec 15, 2022

Of course a character written by Warren Ellis comes with a blood splattered variant.

Comment

• greenlanternmego89
                              • May 8, 2010

QUICK UPDATE!

Thank you everyone who helped out with this!

He is mint and in my possession once again! I appreciate you all for the help!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎