X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Marvel Comics: Battle of the Werewolves by Night

Next up for the easy Marvel Mego is Werewolf Jamaican immigrant Raymond Coker.
    Werewolf Raymond Coker 2.jpg

Finally decided to give this one a try. The base body is flocked The Fly figure with Mego UM hands & feet with Mego Screaming Werewolf head. This is NOT one to try if you did not find the figures on clearance. I found the flocked two pack damaged on sale. I had to clean off the flock of the werewolf head (rubbing alcohol), repaint the UM WolfMan hands/feet and replace them on the fly body.
    Werewolf Raymond Coker 3.jpg

Werewolf Raymond Coker 4.jpg

Werewolf Raymond Coker 5.jpg

Werewolf Raymond Coker 6.jpg
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Werewolf by Night #18

Werewolf by Night #18.jpg

Comicvine:
    Jack Russell (the Werewolf) met Raymond Coker when the two were neighbors at the Colden House Apartments. Usually arrogant and unfriendly toward others, Coker kept to himself while he pursued his college studies. Russell eventually learned the reason behind Coker's anti-social behavior: Coker, too, was a werewolf. However, he had been able for a time to avoid transformations through rigorously performed mystic rituals. Coker was cured when he killed the werewolf that was once Lt Lou Hackett of the LAPD.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• danadoll
      Micronaut Nut!
      • Apr 11, 2005

I loved this storyline in the Werewolf By Night comic and Raymond was an interesting character. He and Jack didn’t really become friends, he was full of anger and pushed everyone away (which makes some sense, seeing as he was cursed, was desperately seeking a cure and wanted no distractions or interference).

The police detective Lou Hacket was out to get the Werewolf at large by any means possible, which was an interesting angle...made more intriguing by Lou getting his hands on that magic ring that allowed him to change into a werewolf too. He thought it would give him an advantage in finding and stopping the rampaging lycanthrope running loose in L.A.

Nice customs, Monitor.

Dana
      Last edited by danadoll; Jan 1, '23, 6:22 AM.
      "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

Havent read that issue since I was a kid in the 70s. Recognized him right away in the custom and then Dana's post brought the memories back, including the magic ring. Excellent custom. Really like the look of that flocked body.

Comment

• darkbros
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 3, 2012

Nicely done.
          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎