X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rykerw1701
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by Wee67
    I think this became so much more magnified in the sequel. I still enjoyed it, but I felt very little connection between Billy and Shazam. As little a connection as I felt between the movie and my beloved hometown of Philadelphia!
    I'm here in Philly too, and the city does have some spectacular spots for location shooting, and it's not as over done as NY, LA or Chicago. But you're right, the movie could have been anywhere, or nowhere, which is how it felt.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
      Career Member
      • Jun 8, 2015

Haven't seen # 2 and sadly I don't think I will.

Not used to this whole, "Shazam" titles issue.

Billy is Captain Marvel Fawcett comics. Mary is a Marvel. Freddie is Jr.

And it's sad that the other kids are supposed to be the Three LT. Marvels.

Sad

Comment

• Goblin19
        Talkative Member
        • May 2, 2002

I agree that they made a mistake by having Shazam act like a kid, but Billy be a somewhat sullen teenager. It really doesn’t make sense. I don’t think it’s Levi’s fault, though. That’s more on the creative team. They needed to write them to match better.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

watched it last night. it was goofy but i enjoyed it. i think it would have made more sense if other heroes showed up, or at least it was mentioned why they were not there when the entire city was being destroyed

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎