Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

I said before a younger Dave Batista at one time would have been perfect imo as Captain Marvel as he has the physique and humor. And if we are doing wrestlers as wishful comic heroes casting Randy Orton as Prince Namor

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

Randy Orton would probably be great in that part.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Anybody but Zachary Levi…
        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

I have another gripe. So we are shown those two bullies just abuse poor Freddy Freeman (who is annoying too, just not as much as Levi). Not only does the school teacher/principal does nothing, nor the magical teen goddess love interest…but nothing, and I mean NOTHING happens to those two bullies. NOTHING! What kinda message was that? Bullies win?

Argh…
          sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
            Anybody but Zachary Levi…
            Anybody? Pauli Shore? Rosanne Barr? Gilbert Gottfried?...
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I have another gripe. So we are shown those two bullies just abuse poor Freddy Freeman (who is annoying too, just not as much as Levi). Not only does the school teacher/principal does nothing, nor the magical teen goddess love interest…but nothing, and I mean NOTHING happens to those two bullies. NOTHING! What kinda message was that? Bullies win?

Argh…
              Yeah, that was a really horrible message, given the emphasis on anti-bullying these days. The fact that Freddy seemed perfectly happy because to be abused, just because a girl liked him, was also a bad message. I bet there's a cutting room scene where these guys get it. Why not have them walk off the roof?
              sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

I hear what your saying but to be fair to the teen goddess love interest, she couldn’t reveal who she was. Maybe the bullies get what’s coming to them in next Shazam movie.

I agree with you Hector about Levi’s immaturity, but remember these movies are based on the Fawcett comic book Shazam and not the 1970’s tv series Shazam.

If you want to see a neat version Shazam/Captain Marvel check out the 1941 serial starring Tom Tyler, I really enjoyed it, I think you will to, Shazam actually kills bad guys.
                Last edited by TrekStar; Jun 1, '23, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

I hope that the next Shazam movie whether Zachary Levi is the hero or not, it’s more towards the adult action Batman type audience or nearer to the 1941 serial and not so much, (hey gang let’s go down to the 7-Eleven and chow down hot dogs and grape slurpees)

Being a big Shazam fan, I’ll still watch the next movie when it comes out, whether it’s kids level or not.
                  Last edited by TrekStar; Jun 1, '23, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    Yeah, that was a really horrible message, given the emphasis on anti-bullying these days. The fact that Freddy seemed perfectly happy because to be abused, just because a girl liked him, was also a bad message. I bet there's a cutting room scene where these guys get it. Why not have them walk off the roof?
                    Have them walk off the roof or fry them with a lighting bolt…

But yeah, that was really disappointing. I always want to see bullies get theirs…
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by TrekStar
                      . Maybe the bullies get what’s coming to them in next Shazam movie.
                      There’s not going to be another Shazam movie with Zachary Levi. James Gunn is starting from scratch. Also, Shazam was a box office disappointment.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by TrekStar
                        I agree with you Hector about Levi’s immaturity, but remember these movies are based on the Fawcett comic book Shazam and not the 1970’s tv series Shazam.
                        I get that, but Levi did not behave the same as the young actor playing Billy. Completely two different behaviors and personalities. That was my main issue.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Wee67

I have nothing against Zachary Levi as a person. But like in my previous post, my main grip is that he did not behave like the young actor playing Billy.

Asher Angel (Billy), acted like a normal teenager. While Levi, instead of basically mimicking Billy’s behaviors and following his personality, completely went off the rails, and brought in his own over the top personality. The character of Billy himself never behaved like that. Billy is in fact very mature in comparison to Shazam.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
                            Still Old School
                            • Feb 14, 2008

This was a renter for me from the very first trailer. Still haven't rented it as I think it looks dumb and already got burned giving Creed 3 a chance which was a waste of 2 hours.

I dont mind the Shazam/Batson casting, what bugs me is the entire team with his powers. Mary Marvel and Cat Marvel Jr should be the only others.
                            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Wee67
                              Museum Correspondent
                              • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
                              Asher Angel (Billy), acted like a normal teenager. While Levi, instead of basically mimicking Billy’s behaviors and following his personality, completely went off the rails, and brought in his own over the top personality. The character of Billy himself never behaved like that. Billy is in fact very mature in comparison to Shazam.
                              I think this became so much more magnified in the sequel. I still enjoyed it, but I felt very little connection between Billy and Shazam. As little a connection as I felt between the movie and my beloved hometown of Philadelphia!
                              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jun 29, 2018

Originally posted by Wee67

I think Gilbert being deceased might make him ineligible without some deep fakery

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎