Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott777
    Museum Patron
    • Jan 4, 2023

James Gunn wants to replace Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman?? Does he hate money? She's perfect.
    If i were to cast the new JL, she would be WW, and who would the others be?
    Batflect is not Batman, imo. IDK who would be the new Batman. The recent "The Batman" was just AWFUL, imo. so no for him. I'd like to see The Rock take on being Batman, but he's Black Adam...so...
    Jason Momoa, at first i didn't like him as Aquaman, but the movie solidified him as the 90s version.
    Ezra Miller is nothing at all like Barry Allen. The TV series Barry Allen would be a perfect transition to the silver screen. So i'd have Grant Gustin as The Flash.
    Green Lantern...David Oyelowo maybe?
    Now, I think the current actor for Shazam acts it well, but Patrick Warburton looks like Shazam, imo.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Pretty mediocre overall, but with one or two decent moments.
      And of course, THAT guest appearance was the highlight.

SPOILERS BELOW...

Wonder Woman stole the show.

Cool cameo by Michael Gray, the 70s Filmation Billy Batson.

The look of the cyclops was a nod to Harryhausen's cyclops design in "The 7th Voyage of Sinbad".
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

ok movie

We did see Shazam Fury Of The Gods and it wasn't that bad of a film, maybe should have just got released on HBO Max. I did like the fact that the included Michael Gray in is red Billy Batson shirt.

mg 1.jpgmg 2.jpg

And even calls him Captain Marvel.

I think one of the problems the movie had was the created the villains. The Shazam Family has a diverse group of villains they could have used. The ONLY reason I saw this was because Michaael mentioned he had a small part in the movie.

Also somebody mentioned Isis!
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Scott777
          It's like finding out that Santa Clause isn't real.
          WHOOOAAAA!!! A "Spolier alert" would've been nice!
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
            Creature Of The Night
            • May 14, 2011

I think the Elvis tune that kicks of the beginning of the end credits says it perfectly...

"A little less conversation, a little more action"

We had fun overall, but it certainly wasn't a great film, and "that scene" in the restaurant had me rolling

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

So in the end credits that were meant to be Shazam was to be recruited by the justice society of america and was to have a cameo at the end of Black Adam. Because of The Rock's ego they didn't happen.

Comment

• Goblin19
                Talkative Member
                • May 2, 2002

I like Dwayne Johnson, but his not wanting to be in Shazam and pulling the plug on any connection seems like he might think Shazam is beneath his star level and only Superman is worthy of battling him. It’s strange because if you think of Black Adam, you don’t immediately think of Supes. You go right for Shazam. Just seems very misguided. Both series could have benefitted from the tie-in.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

there is a cameo in this and a mention that I am looking forward to seeing when it hits HBO Max.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

I saw this last night and was surprised at how much I liked it. I had no expectations of it and didn't think much of it at the onset. However, it has heart, and I really enjoyed the character development; it felt natural. Levi's Marvel was annoying for the first half, but by the end, I felt like it was Fred McMurray, at least briefly. It was sweet, and I really think Captain Marvel had some great tonal moments. The CGI is questionable at times, but it works because of the whimsical elements. Oh, and fun Easter Eggs! This was the most enjoyable DC movie for me since "The Suicide Squad," and that also bombed.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Good to hear! Another friend I trust enjoyed it as well. I feel like I missed out seeing this. Life has just been nuts lately, and now that things have slowed down, it's not showing anywhere, other than the local drive-in, which I couldn't get to this weekend. Maybe next weekend...if I can find it!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Finally got to watch this, as it debuted with HBO Max's changeover to MAX (basically the combination of HBO Max and Discover Plus). My family and I really enjoyed it. The only sour note I will say was something I picked up on in the trailers; Zachary Levi was laying the goofball bit on much thicker this time. The young actor playing Billy (Asher Angel) seemed more mature than him! I blame this mostly on the director though. It's his job to rein Levi in and make the two performances at least somewhat consistent. The MVP of both films for me was Jack Dylan Grazer as young Freddy.

Other than that, it was a fun flick with a lot of heart. Good popcorn flick. Too bad this is undoubtedly the last we'll see of any of these characters in this iteration. I liked them.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 29, 2018

Saw it this morning at work. Seemed okay might be better with sound haha.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                            Zachary Levi was laying the goofball bit on much thicker this time. The young actor playing Billy (Asher Angel) seemed more mature than him
                            That’s my main issue with Zachary Levi’s portrayal of Shazam. He lacks nuance in the character. Instead of playing him as a realistic teenager, like Billy, he acts like a class clown buffoon. I find it highly annoying. He should’ve watched Tom Hanks’ Big. Tom nailed his character. An actual teen in an adult body. That’s why I was not crazy about the first Shazam movie…and you are saying Zachary takes it up a notch more, argh…I don’t think I want to see the new one now. The movie Shazam to me is the journeyman version of Big.

But, I always give movies a chance. Maybe I’ll like something else about it. Since I have Max, I’ll give it a go…with low expectations of course…
                            sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 27, 2010

You figure with the wisdom of Solomon when Billy is Captain Marvel he would be more mature. But I knew if they ever made a Shazam movie they would go the Tom Hanks' "Big" route and I'm fine with that. I will get to the sequel and everything else eventually( star wars shows included) still feeling the burnout.

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Argh, just saw it…almost downright hated it. The problem for me aside from the court-jesting performance of Zachary Levi, is the entire Shazam family themselves. Wished the movie was just Shazam with a tone-down Levi…and no Marvel family whatsoever, none. Too many Shazams, all basically one big clone family.

Aside from his performance, Levi is just too skinny…and that muscle suit was so badly done. He’s physically so wrong for the part. His infamous Instagram meltdown was so cringe to watch as well. Also the fact that Billy is more mature than Captain Marvel still bothers me to this day.

Many here will disagree, but I think John Cena would’ve been the perfect Shazam/Captain Marvel…

IMG_4611.jpg

This series is definitely over. I don’t see Zachary Levi ever playing Shazam again.

I think I liked Wonder Woman 1984 better…

Shazam! Fury of the Gods…4/10…
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎