X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by KingKickass1983
    He does it for WE the PEOPLE! So WE don't have to.
    There's a loyal fan !!!

Also miss "Chinese" and "Mexican" TV dinners

Guessing they were both make by Swanson

Today, all Swanson dinners are bland nothings

Even their classic fried chicken tastes like bland sh*t.

---^--- BTW, I've had bland sh*t, literally … It tasted way better than any modern Swanson dinner

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

Well it's no BELLY thread....

Comment

• Scott777
        Museum Patron
        • Jan 4, 2023

Originally posted by apes3978
        I do buy some of the modern Banquet frozen dinners-Those can be microwaved or oven heated. I like the Meatloaf, the Turkey, the Homestyle Patty meal, and the Chicken strips. They're good for a light meal or a snack.
        oh yeah, i forgot those existed. I had to stop eating them due to their high sodium amount.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

I also use to love the Swanson's chicken TV dinners back in the day as well.

Nowadays, the best microwave dinners are found at Trader Joe’s.

For non Trader Joe’s fair, Marie Calendar’s chicken pot pie and Stouffer's lasagna are decent.

You’d think as a person of Mexican background such as myself, would only eat burritos from authentic taquerias, well, once in a blue moon, I’d get a package of frozen El Monterey burritos, lol. They offer beef, beans, beef and beans, red chili, green chili, shredded steak, etc. My personal favorite is plain cheese and beans, no beef. Tasty little suckers…

BE3F8DA8-24DE-43B2-8A87-C5560DC2E5A0.jpg

The best way is to microwave an individual burrito, but not all the way. Let it cool down a bit. Then on a frying pan, add a little bit of oil of your choice (I use avocado oil). Slightly sauté and brown both sides. The end result would be a yummy chimichanga...

613BFE78-A045-4FB4-8416-215ADC64FAC7.jpg

Mickey’s air fryer would be perfect to make chimichangas out of frozen burritos…

D82E28BD-2895-4787-BFC2-B72B868C6B47.jpg

El Monterey also offers already toasted chimichangas too.

Mickey, I think you will dig these burritos.

Frozen Mexican food, including frozen burritos, frozen taquitos, and frozen Mexican dinners. Find America's No. 1 frozen burrito in the frozen food section.

I feel like a spokesman for El Monterey…

sigpic

Comment

• Duncan
            Museum focus-groupie
            • Jun 27, 2009

Agree on the El Monterey. The bean & cheese are one of my pre-workout favorites...the right mix of simple & complex carbs, and not too big. I usually heat em and soak them in whatever hot sauce I have handy. Kroger's Simple Truth chipotle sauce gives a nice shot of smoky chipotle flavor without much heat...really good flavor.

Also agree on Trader Joe's. Their butter chicken dinner is better than our local Indian place makes.

Comment

• J.B.
              Guild Navigator
              • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Hector
              Nowadays, the best microwave dinners are found at Trader Joe’s.
              Originally posted by Duncan
              Also agree on Trader Joe's. Their butter chicken dinner is better than our local Indian place makes.
              I see Trader Joe's and I see Chicken, so I must insert my latest obsession:

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Duncan
                Agree on the El Monterey. The bean & cheese are one of my pre-workout favorites...the right mix of simple & complex carbs, and not too big. I usually heat em and soak them in whatever hot sauce I have handy. Kroger's Simple Truth chipotle sauce gives a nice shot of smoky chipotle flavor without much heat...really good flavor.

Yeah, their butter chicken is awesome!
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by J.B.
                  I see Trader Joe's and I see Chicken, so I must insert my latest obsession:

Yup, one of my faves as well!
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎