Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...eh...what's with the 50th Ann. legs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by TrekStar
    With the knee issues for the 50th anniversary figures, has anyone tried transferring them over to a
    type S body or would it work?
    I haven't tried it since the new Mego body is bandless with basically the same articulation. The knee issue isn't ideal, but when I turn around and see my figures on the shelf, standing mostly static, esp. from the waist down, it's ends up not being that big a deal for me. Anyway, not sure how the outfits would fit on a standard Type S because of the broader shoulders on the new Mego body (that's been my biggest "issue" using the new bandless Mego body with older outfits), but using the deluxe Type S arms that have broader shoulders too might resolve that.

of course, there is this...

Originally posted by hizzy
    Very curious about this. Would the heads fit?
    Some work would need to be done to fit the new heads onto the Type S body. Not sure if anyone made adapters yet.
    Last edited by TRDouble; May 11, '23, 7:52 PM.

Comment

• Ivaniski
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 24, 2007

Darn ! This isn't good...I purchased 2 Capt. Pike Mego figures, and noticed that they have the Big head Syndrome..and, still have Knee bending issues...where's the Quality Control here.
      20230516_111451.jpg
      Last edited by Ivaniski; May 16, '23, 7:11 PM.

Comment

• hizzy
        Museum Super Collector
        • Apr 1, 2023

Originally posted by Ivaniski
        Darn ! This isn't good...I purchased 2 Capt. Pike Mego figures, and notice that they have the Big head Syndrome..and, still have Knee bending issues...where's the Quality Control here.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]35604[/ATTACH]
        Does anyone from Mego post here? It would be nice to know why this is happening, as they have got things perfect on other figures. Is it an error? Is it intentional? A simple, friendly explanation would be very appreciated.

I can only imagine how many complications there are in bringing things to market, so Mego has my understanding. I'll continue to support. As this is a kind of cottage industry, some clarifications would be really nice. As always: Make Mine Mego!

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

I doubt very much it’s intentional, but you have to wonder if the factory people making these are not testing all the limbs making sure they all work/bend properly.

Okay this knee bends back this far as should, but this knee only goes this far, so let’s fix this knee before sending them out, or maybe they think buyers won’t notice because most are collectors and won’t actually take them out of package and pose them in a position and play with them.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by hizzy
            Does anyone from Mego post here?
            Rarely.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Ivaniski
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 24, 2007

Will these bodies ever be replaced...the resell value diminishes after you make alterations for the knee to bend completely....Poor Quality Control.... (BE) CAREFUL MEGO, FTC IS WATCHIN' !!!

Comment

• hizzy
                Museum Super Collector
                • Apr 1, 2023

I saw this reported on Facebook

"Okay so this is a cool thing I noticed, tonight I picked up a green lantern and aquaman from Walmart to replace with my others since I used their bodies for my KISS figures, the figure on the right is my original green lantern I bought when it came out and it came with a vinyl type cuff material and mine oddly got green dye on it from just simple movement, it disappointed me and nothing got it out, then after seeing him at walmart again I see they've switched to a more pleatherly type cuffing and this little fix means a lot to me as I reported this on mine months back, thanks mego!"

green.jpg

I hope that means they are paying attention to feedback they get from fans. I have asked if there is a difference in knee articulation between the two GL's.

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

I don’t really mind that my Green Lantern can’t properly sit down but I do mind that The Flash is limited when it comes to putting him in a running pose. I think I’ll switch bodies on my Flash at some point.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 19, 2019

So...I own two of the Mego figures on bandless bodies... One is Red Sun Superman who is on the taller body with the waist gap...

The other is WGSH Superman...but when I opened him, he seems to be on a body with no waist gap and knees that don't bend much.

I know the body with waist gap is a revision of sorts by Mego...but I'm confused, were the retro style WGSH figures made BEFORE the wave with Red Sun Superman?
                    Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                      Radioactive!
                      • Feb 13, 2010

I think the bandless body began with Topps, and was too short. I think the waist gap was a correction to the Topps body and the WGSH figures are on yet another body produced on a body taller than Topps but without a gap. I think WGSH came after the short bodies and after the waist gap bodies. Just speculation on my part though.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                        Career Member
                        • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                        I think the bandless body began with Topps, and was too short. I think the waist gap was a correction to the Topps body and the WGSH figures are on yet another body produced on a body taller than Topps but without a gap. I think WGSH came after the short bodies and after the waist gap bodies. Just speculation on my part though.
                        Interesting...if the gap body was a revision of the topps...

I wonder why Mego decided to go backwards with their WGSH... because the revised/gap bodies have knees and elbows that bend great!
                        Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎