Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...eh...what's with the 50th Ann. legs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hizzy
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 1, 2023

I tried asking DR Mego on Facebook if Green Arrow & other figures will have better knee articulation. I haven't heard back. Does anyone have any info? It's weird that the main line has full articulation and the 50th anniversary line doesn't.
    Here's a video showing the issue. Check it out starting at 4:40 or so.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

One seller on Amazon appears to have 50th Green Arrow in-stock. At $29.99, I won't be verifying this, but we may know more about the knee issue very soon.

Comment

• hizzy
        Museum Super Collector
        • Apr 1, 2023

I saw on facebook that people have picked up Green Arrow already and the knee problem is the same :(

Comment

• Ivaniski
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by hizzy
          I saw on facebook that people have picked up Green Arrow already and the knee problem is the same :(
          How could this be possible....50 years later you don't have full articulation in the knee area. All of my 50th Anniv. figures are limited in the above mentioned (I had to dremel all of my 50th Anniv.figures). Extremely hard to fathom this "Foul-Up". I should ask Mego for a refund.
          Last edited by Ivaniski; May 8, '23, 7:56 PM.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by hizzy
            That’s unfortunate since 50th GA was on my must have list.

I know someone here posted pics on how to fix the knee issue, but why should we have to since back in the day we didn’t need too.

Comment

• Ivaniski
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by TrekStar
              That’s unfortunate since 50th GA was on my must have list.

I know someone here posted pics on how to fix the knee issue, but why should we have to since back in the day we didn’t need too.
              I agree with you 1000%...Sir.

Comment

• hizzy
                Museum Super Collector
                • Apr 1, 2023

the factory evidently used an older version of the legs that didn't bend as far without anyone realizing. It wasn't discovered until the figures had shipped.
                I read this earlier in the thread. I also read that rolling changes were planned, which got my hopes up. I guess I will still support but I'm not quite as enthusiastic as I was when the 50 ann. was announced.

Comment

• wise guy
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 29, 2014

I wish they would update the bodies but than I would have to get the first 8 all over again. I don't cut down the body like some here do, and o.k with them so far, but I don't have them doing Squats . ZLC just sent email that my 2 Green Arrows
                  are getting ready to be shipped.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by wise guy
                    I wish they would update the bodies but than I would have to get the first 8 all over again. I don't cut down the body like some here do, and o.k with them so far, but I don't have them doing Squats . ZLC just sent email that my 2 Green Arrows
                    are getting ready to be shipped.
                    Anyword on a Partial refund or body exchange?

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

With the knee issues for the 50th anniversary figures, has anyone tried transferring them over to a
                      type S body or would it work?

Comment

• hizzy
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Apr 1, 2023

This comment is promising from another thread

The body is the same as the first wave. The knees are still limited, though somehow I seem to get a little more bend out of them. Everything seems tight but not stuck. It is still interesting to me to see what parts are in the same mold as the hands on these bodies based on the parts of the joints that are green here.

Comment

• wise guy
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 29, 2014

I don't think refunds are going to happen because no one is forcing us to buy these, but maybe Doc will sell some updated bodies soon. I would like Mego to start with Batman, and Robin ,with painted heads on the new bodies in an upcoming wave to try them out

Comment

• hizzy
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Apr 1, 2023

I tried blow drying the joints on my 50th Ann. figures. Wow! That really makes them easier to move/pose. The knee is a bit more flexible after some heat, but it doesn't bend 90 degrees. I can say they look like they can sit in a car or vehicle. I'm choosing to take a glass half full approach.

I wish Mego would say something officially, just to acknowledge the issue. I don't want a refund, but I am interested in knowing if the rolling change thing is real. Or if the thing about the factory using an older version of the legs is true.

I saw a video detailing how they sent vintage packaging overseas so that the color of the boxes would be good. Given all the work they put into the details, the leg issue is a shame.

Comment

• hizzy
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Apr 1, 2023

Originally posted by TrekStar
                              With the knee issues for the 50th anniversary figures, has anyone tried transferring them over to a
                              type S body or would it work?
                              Very curious about this. Would the heads fit?

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by wise guy
                                I don't think refunds are going to happen because no one is forcing us to buy these, but maybe Doc will sell some updated bodies soon. I would like Mego to start with Batman, and Robin ,with painted heads on the new bodies in an upcoming wave to try them out
                                The notion of partial refunds is not going to happen, I don't even know where that came from. Nobody does this.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎