X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

MOTU Origins wave 11 comparisons

Thunder Punch He-Man vintage vs Origins.

muothunder.JPG

Biggest difference, obviously, no caps. The vintage figure came with six ring caps which you would insert by opening the molded-on harness and placing one of the ring caps in his back. The action feature would then be activated by pulling his arm back and releasing causing one of caps in the ring to smoke and make a snapping sound. He-Man basically had the guts of a cap gun in his torso.

The new figure surprisingly still makes a sound. I didn't expect that. When you pull back his arm and release it does make a snapping sound sort of mimicking a cap going off. There are holes molded in the back of his torso and harness to let the sound out better. The effect is mechanical not electronic.

They both came with a chrome shield and a gold power sword. The new figure also comes with a translucent thunder blast effect.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I like the thunder blast effect and may use it with other figures like Sun-Man.

I've always thought that the trunk colors on both the the vintage and Origins Thunder-Punch He-Man were off, but I like the figure. As I never liked the caps, the updating pleases me.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I remember running through my Thunder Punch He-Man caps very quickly. So I just bought some generic round caps at my local rack toy and comic haunt, Eastside Pharmacy. They worked fine. I didn't realize until a few weeks ago Mattel actually sold official replacement caps!
      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

It's been a while.

King Hiss vintage vs Origins.

muohiss1.JPG

Very similar looking in human form.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

King Hiss snake form. Vintage vs Origins.

muohiss2.JPG

The action feature is done a bit different. The vintage one you just took off the armor and arm coverings. With the Origins you have to remove the head and arms, take off the armor and replace with the additional snake arms and head. The snake arms rotate at the heads and are ball jointed at the shoulders.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Sun-Man Bolt Man.

muoboltman.JPG

He has two blue lightning bolt accessories which store in a backpack molded into his armor.
            Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 31, '23, 5:37 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Mekaneck vintage vs Origins.

muomek1.JPG

Except for the brighter colors of the Origins figure, the sculpts look very similar to each other. They even chromed his lenses. The weapons are very close. Aside from the slight color difference, it's very hard to tell them apart. The downside to the Origins figure is they removed the action feature and replaced it with a removable neck extender accessory.
              Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 31, '23, 5:38 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Vintage Road Ripper (back) vs Origins Ground Ripper (front).

muomek2.JPG

The size is the same but there are many subtle differences to the sculpt and decals. The most noticeable change is the sculpting of the seat to allow the figures to fit better. The Origin's Ripper doesn't come with a ripcord and doesn't have the racing action feature. It's also a lot lighter without the rubber wheel and mechanism inside. The new Ripper does come with an extra interchangeable head piece.
                Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 31, '23, 5:39 PM.

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

I'm not seeing the images for the last 3 comparisons.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel
                    I'm not seeing the images for the last 3 comparisons.
                    Thank you for letting me know. I will try to fix it ASAP.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Hopefully that fixed it.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Mattel Creations exclusive Camo Khan based on the vintage Top Toys variant from Argentina.

muocamo.JPG

Does not have the water squirting action feature. Camo comes with a hooded head, two regular hands, laser gun, mace and a water blast effect. The mace is very shiny. Almost a chromed effect. The hooded head is colored to match with the regular Kobra Khan figure.

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          Hopefully that fixed it.
                          Yep. Pics look great! I always like when you do these.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 19, 2019

Bolt Man just arrived from Amazon. He looks cool.
                            Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel
                              Yep. Pics look great! I always like when you do these.
                              Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎