Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Some 50th Figures (Clothing Issues?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

I know I’ve said this once before but, how cool would it be if 50th anniversary Mego made Alter Ego’s of these heroes.
    They already have the heads done for Wayne-Grayson and Kent, just give them the outfits.

Hal Jordan and Barry Allen would of course be new along with Billy Batson and Oliver Queen with alter ego window boxes, it really would be neat if they decided to do make this happen and I’m sure they would sell well.

Comment

• johnpauljones
      • Oct 13, 2007

I came out pretty good. My Flash (which I ordered from ZLC) doesn’t have the neckline gap. It snugs up nicely to his neck.

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by TrekStar
        I know I’ve said this once before but, how cool would it be if 50th anniversary Mego made Alter Ego’s of these heroes.
        They already have the heads done for Wayne-Grayson and Kent, just give them the outfits.

Hal Jordan and Barry Allen would of course be new along with Billy Batson and Oliver Queen with alter ego window boxes, it really would be neat if they decided to do make this happen and I’m sure they would sell well.
        They don't even really have to come up with many new clothing patterns. Fonzie jacket in brown for Hal with jeans and a t-shirt, and a lab coat with shirt and tie for Barry. Billy would need his signature shirt, and Ollie maybe a turtleneck and vest.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

So, who else is hoping we see a reworked Flash head as The Atom?
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            So, who else is hoping we see a reworked Flash head as The Atom?
            That would work, but he has to come with a little PVC Atom for his shrunken form.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
              valar morghulis
              • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Figure8
              My Flash has a chest emblem that's not fully attached and, yes, there's the gap between the suit and the cowl.
              I picked up Flash at a comic book shop this week, and it also has this emblem issue.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I think the paper emblems were a mistake, it's not as if these are exact reproductions.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  I think the paper emblems were a mistake, it's not as if these are exact reproductions.
                  Agreed on that.

Comment

• blastphemey
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 11, 2008

Have any of you spoken to someone at the company about this issue? And if so has it been resolved/replaced?

I had received a Shazam with a broken leg and while it will live inside a box forever most likely, it still is a bit irritating.

Comment

• zeedox
                      Career Member
                      • Aug 10, 2007

If the toys were on the shelves in multitude, I would prob have 3-4 of each. I get the feeling from many of the toy makers that they aren't getting out there correctly for one reason or another. Plus I am really tired of DC Megos after the main bunch, I mean if we can't get any Marvel maybe a cool Judge Dredd or something would make us smile at this point.

Comment

• thatblockoguy
                        • Mar 24, 2010

Originally posted by blastphemey
                        Have any of you spoken to someone at the company about this issue? And if so has it been resolved/replaced?

I had received a Shazam with a broken leg and while it will live inside a box forever most likely, it still is a bit irritating.
                        Which joint was defective ?

Comment

• hizzy
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Apr 1, 2023

I've started picking up the 50th anniversary collection on Amazon, and I LOVE everything about them so far. I do like the face sculpts a lot and the feel of the outfits is perfect. They got the box 100 % correct. It's not a reissue to me as much as well done homage. I even like the paper emblems.

I will probably buy two of each. The pricing is excellent at 20 bucks Canadian. I would like to keep one in box and one on display. The photos don't do these justice. I hope they are popular and we see stuff like non-removable mask Batman and Robin. Reverse Flash was a great choice as a new villain. I wouldn't mind seeing more of the rogues gallery, a Lex Luthor figure or a Scarecrow.

Comment

• hizzy
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Apr 1, 2023

Also a Sargent Rock figure. That seems like an easy one for Mego to pull off.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by hizzy
                              Also a Sargent Rock figure. That seems like an easy one for Mego to pull off.
                              Oh man... that would be great! Specially utilizing the new body with the more prominent shoulders..
                              Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• zeedox
                                Career Member
                                • Aug 10, 2007

These figures were the main prize behind the Re-Mego movement. I would almost get the feeling the excitement is receeding and folks will have to wait until they find these things to appreciate them properly. I do think the lack of Marvel will speak to these times tho, especially with such a marketing blitz of the movie figures from other companies over the years. I am happy we got those DST sets a couple of years back at least. The recent Kenner Retro Marvels make up for something too.

What else are we getting from Mego this year? I mean what if your not into the Modern Horror, Tokyo Pop type of thing and just want more classic stuff? The Brady Bunch line from Target is starting to look refreshing again. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎