X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

James Cameron's Avatar 1 & 2

Well boyfriend and I decided to go the distance today, this afternoon we watched Avatar the extended version (movie 1) and after that we watched Avatar The Way Of Water afterwards. I forgot about the beginning of Movie 1 so it was nice to watched it again and it was 13 years ago when it came on so my boyfriend was around 13 and lived overseas, so he couldn't remember any of it. We watched in using my 3D glasses (headache every time) and the time went by fast. It really helps to watch the 1st one because it does set up the future movies.

I was hoping that I wouldn't care as much about the second one, but it hit hard. I love the 'waterworld' better than the forest world. Yeah, it was the same 'save the world' type of move but I grew up near or on the water, so that really pulls at my heartstrings. Seeing to 'dolphin' riders and the 'whales' were fun. Exploring the water made the movie fun and again time went by fast.

I will watch this again many times when it gets released onto Blu-ray.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

i am looking forward to seeing it, though i doubt i will get around to seeing it in theaters. unless maybe we catch a matinee or something next week while visiting the inlaws

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

My oldest son and I went to see it on the 15th the day it came out locally.

I always enjoyed the original one, and saw it twice in the theater and multiple times over the years. Yes it's Dances with Wolves in space, but you know what, I love Dances with Wolves.

Beyond that, it's visually beautiful, and lots of CGI, basically the whole movie, but it was so well done that you get lost in that very quickly. It's quite staggering honestly how good it looks.

Story wise, it wasn't a real deep story, and a few parts of the storytelling I was questioning as I was seeing it happen on the screen, but I did enjoy it.

I had some coworkers ask how it was, and I said it was good. I also said if you didn't like the first one, you probably won't like this one.
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
        valar morghulis
        • Mar 8, 2005

Any excuse to link this

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I love the ending to that sketch.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

I get a certain joy that James Cameron is now being labelled as racist by the UberAwareness crowd. I'm personally offended that he isn't using real 12 foot tall blue aliens instead of the bluefacing that is ruining the genuine experience.

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

If you write a sci-fi movie or a sci-fi movie/tv series than at some point you will be using indigenous cultures.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
                Any excuse to link this

Ryan Gosling deserved an Emmy Award for this…

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎