X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Dollar Tree Space Suit

Fashion Doll sized but ...maybe. I will do a test fit when I get home. I suspect the helmet is big but space helmets should be. And there is no face plate but the bubble that dits over the back of the helmet is already the right shape so I can cut and hot glue I hope. The gloves look interesting.
    20221215_085149.jpg
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

I bought one a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, it's too big for Mego. It's won't even work for Hasbro's Charlie's Angels dolls. The helmet looks good on Barbie because she has a long slender neck, but most Megos have short necks so the bottom half of their face will be obscured.
    Here are some photos of Trendmaster's I Dream of Jeannie doll wearing it. She's the same size as Barbie. I think she looks cute in it. Would've been nice if they made boots. I don't think tennis shoes are appropriate footwear when walking on the moon.

IMG_20221215_111547.jpg
    IMG_20221215_111332.jpg
    IMG_20221215_111421.jpg

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

Agreed. I am out a buck and a quarter here. The gloves might still be useful. Might see if I can hot water them to not bend at the wrist so much

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Unfortunate. I'm always looking for bubble helmets for '70s Mr. Freeze.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Out of the 7 Dollar Trees I have checked I could only find the Summer outfits. My local one finally restocked and got in the dresses again.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

Idk...maybe. I think I can cut the neck piece on the helmet down ..add a face shield and take a few stitches intonthe suit so it isn't huge. Replace the tennis shoes with white iron man boots... Fix the bent wrist gloves. The helmet is big but space suit helmets really are enormous.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
              Idk...maybe. I think I can cut the neck piece on the helmet down ..add a face shield and take a few stitches intonthe suit so it isn't huge. Replace the tennis shoes with white iron man boots... Fix the bent wrist gloves. The helmet is big but space suit helmets really are enormous.
              I agree......it has potential with some tweaks.

Comment

• PB
                • Jul 2, 2021

I went for it too. These sets appear to be straight knock offs from the Barbie line. There’s a violin/bow in a set I picked up for Frankenstein’s monster to entertain guests. Grabbed the space suit for my White Elephant toys mummy, the gloves are oversized but molded to look wrapped and not really a space glove at all.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 29, 2018

I saw the violinist set too. If I had the YF set then maybe
                  Last edited by Megotastrophe; Dec 16, '22, 9:57 PM.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 29, 2018

Havent seen the sports sets. I did get the lifeguard set and the scuba set.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Barbie's little sister doll has a smaller space helmet that I've wondered about for Mego.

There's a really nice expanding rocket playset, too. Unfortunately Mattel has to add pink accents and ponytail logos to every **** thing.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

ReMego Svengoolie presents It The Terror From Beyond Space 2a.jpgReMego Svengoolie presents It The Terror From Beyond Space 2b.jpg
                        Well it sorta works. I really need to rework it for Mego instead of Barbie.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PB
                          • Jul 2, 2021

Wow in black and white it looks mego scale adaptable. Wasn’t previously aware of that set.

I looked up the genuine Mattel Barbie space pieces and their original has a clear visor element with the helmet. Still can’t beat a buck and a quarter though. Might just cut down the neck area for an 8” custom.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎