Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTC got my order wrong, than got mad at me...pictures included.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KingKickass1983
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2019

FTC got my order wrong, than got mad at me...pictures included.

I've ordered hundreds of dollars of stuff from them previously...

This time I ordered a red t-shirt with custom white lettering from FTC for an 8 inch body, its supposed to be a gift for my friend for X-mas..
    I'd previously bought one before on a black hoodie with white lettering and it turned out great...as its on a deluxe looking hoodie and not their usual cheaper ones with a Velcro back.

This time, they sent me a blue hoodie for a 12" body type... So wrong color and wrong size, but I liked the way it looks on a hoodie...

I wrote an email explaining their mistake and can they please send me a replacement but change it to a red hoodie instead of a red t-shirt as they would be the same price anyway ($15).

They said ok.

Yesterday, I get my replacement... they sent me one of the cheaper red hoodies with my custom words printed on incorrectly and crooked.

I email them again that its once again wrong...can they please send me my correct order... they said no. If I send them back the previous two wrong ones they'll refund me my money for it. But don't order another one.

I said ok, but I really wanted the correct item for my friend...so tried to straight up order a new one along with other stuff. They canceled my entire new order and won't reply to my further emails...

pictures included. The blue is the wrong one, red is what they mailed me as replacement.Black is a previous order they got perfect.
    318499775_5646365208734220_3021900292942865453_n.jpg
    Last edited by KingKickass1983; Dec 11, '22, 6:48 PM.
    Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..
  • KingKickass1983
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2019

BTW....they mailed me the replacement in a regular envelope... but when you order from their store, they charge a flat rate shipping fee of $8...

So they CAN send smaller orders cheaper, they choose not to.

Just throwing it out there...
    Wanted:

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Welcome to The Club.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        Welcome to The Club.
        Its so frustrating...I even tried to just straight up spend the $15 bucks again for a correct hoodie...now I dunno if they canceled my order just for that or if I'm not allowed to order from them at all..
        Wanted:

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

Oh I ordered some ape items some time ago and the ape pants I ordered was missing or sent me the wrong item. I wrote them addressing the issue and instead of replying professionally they said ,"no way was the package sent wrong". So I clarified more in my second response and did get the right item in a few days. But still was shocked in their email response. Glad I didn't call.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
            Career Member
            • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by powersthatbe
            Oh I ordered some ape items some time ago and the ape pants I ordered was missing or sent me the wrong item. I wrote them addressing the issue and instead of replying professionally they said ,"no way was the package sent wrong". So I clarified more in my second response and did get the right item in a few days. But still was shocked in their email response. Glad I didn't call.
            I didn't think it would be such a problem...last time I ordered a custom shirt it really was great. This time the shirt was in the wrong color/style/ AND size... than when they agreed to send a replacement, they tried to cheap out...on the item/quality/ and shipping...
            Wanted:

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

They sent me a wrong female body with my last order (ordered a white China made body, got a flesh colored body). In my case, I contacted them, they asked for a photo, I sent it, they asked if I was making another order soon, I said no, and so they sent out the replacement and said keep the mistake. So I guess it depends on who you get on the other end of the email how good their service is.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                Banned
                • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by scott metzger
                They sent me a wrong female body with my last order (ordered a white China made body, got a flesh colored body). In my case, I contacted them, they asked for a photo, I sent it, they asked if I was making another order soon, I said no, and so they sent out the replacement and said keep the mistake. So I guess it depends on who you get on the other end of the email how good their service is.
                Yeah. I haven’t used them lately, but the last time I used them (years ago) I ordered all four of their Mad Monster figures plus a casket. The Mummy figure’s leg had broken off completely in shipping, and the casket was all scratched up. I sent them an email and they resent all four figures plus a new casket, no questions asked.

I felt bad and asked if they wanted me to return the Mummy and casket, they said no, just keep it. I thought it was very nice of them. Every order I’ve ever done with them has been underwhelming as far as quality (it’s terrible, honestly), but I’m thankful no one there was ever a butthole when I had to do an exchange.

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

I always send them emails when I have problems and usually I am told that they will send me the broken part or replacement with my next order. Not the best solution, but I order enough parts from them, so it doesn't bother me too much. The closest I got to the OP situation was with the variant costume Supergirl. I had multiple issues and the third time they said if the costume still wasn't right, they could not do any more replacements and to send it back for a refund.

Comment

• darkbros
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 3, 2012

It really is sad that their customer service is "the devil you know...." with them.

All you can really do is burn sage, and hope for the WORST when you place an order with them....
                    then you may be pleasantly surprised. In any case, next week Christmas money will go out, and as always,
                    pins and needles until it gets in my hands that it is fulfilled right.
                    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎