X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ivaniski
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 24, 2007

Quality Control issue......

Did somebody drop the ball here...Why is it that Red Sun Superman body could be bend on the knees and elbow with more ROM (Range of motion) then the 50th Anniversary WGSH figures. This is ridiculous. I like to pose my Mego figures for dioramas and now I'm gonna have to switch the bodies of '10' WGSH figures that I had Pre-ordered (Over $200 Value). Additionally, I believe that some 50TH ANNIV.WGSH Superman figures had their Shirt collar to low way under the collar bone. I tried to fix it (by lifting it) and the shirt ripped. "Unbelievable" !!!
    Pictured below is bending knee and elbow issues between the 2 new bodies and the Superman shirt issue...Other then this everything else seems fine with the figures. I wonder if Mego will remedy these few problems?
    I put the 50th Anniversary Superman head on the Red Son Superman body to sample the aforementioned.....As you could see...that's the most Shazam could bend his knees, he can't even do the kneeling down position...
    20221209_115013.jpg
    20221209_114230.jpg
    20221209_114047.jpg
    Screenshot_20221209-140521_Gallery.jpg
    Mego should've used the Red Son Superman body on all the pre-ordered and upcoming 50th Anniversay WGSH figures....What happened here?
    Last edited by Ivaniski; Dec 9, '22, 3:01 PM.
  • darkbros
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 3, 2012

yikes.....
    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

You can’t bend the other knee on Shazam? that’s really a head shaker, makes me want to give this some more thought before buying any of them.
      When you buy these, you shouldn’t have to transfer to other bodies for better quality.

Hopefully these issues will be resolved going forward.

Comment

• Liu Bei
        Banned
        • Mar 31, 2018

On Palitoy’s review video he recommended working the joints slowly and carefully at first. If you aren’t comfortable with that, what I’d recommend is soaking the figures in some hot water first to loosen everything up and then move them.

Comment

• pennywise
          • Jul 11, 2020

just curious, but how did your Sups get black hands? mine in regular flesh color. interesting.

Comment

• Ivaniski
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by pennywise
            just curious, but how did your Sups get black hands? mine in regular flesh color. interesting.
            I switched the heads of the Red Son Superman and the 50th Anniversary Superman... Therefore, I put the head of the 50th Anniv. Superman on the body of the Red Son Superman (body comes with black hands) and I also put on the the damaged 50th Anniv. Superman's costume on it too.

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

I'm still a little peeved that my General Ursus figures tunic doesn't 'line up correctly in the back- By that I mean the Velcro lines up good in the back for his collar, but under the collar, the Velcro goes from barely connecting/overlapping the way it should, to absolutely no overlap/connection at all.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 24, 2007

New Bandless Version 3. Is now fixed to the point of the knees and elbows bending to a 90 degree angle....For better ROM (Range of Motion).
                Now I'm gonna install the New hands for a Vintage look !!!

20221212_221934.jpg
                Last edited by Ivaniski; Dec 12, '22, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎