X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Mezco One:12 Dick Tracy vs. Flattop

Wow, this is a gorgeous set, and one of the best attempts I've seen in translating the Chester Gould art into 3D figures. I can't help but feel the Dick Sprang-inspired Batman vs. Two-Face set helped Mezco unlock this look.

Not into Tracy enough to drop $195, but still, gorgeous.

sigpic
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

Wow, that’s really nice!
    I’m not a huge Dick Tracy fan, but this particular pairing has sentimental appeal to me. My first exposure to the characters was the DC LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION tabloid that reprinted the Tracy/Flattop newspaper serial in color from the mid-70s. This will pair nicely with the Batman/Two-Face set I own.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by warlock664
      Wow, that’s really nice!
      I’m not a huge Dick Tracy fan, but this particular pairing has sentimental appeal to me. My first exposure to the characters was the DC LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION tabloid that reprinted the Tracy/Flattop newspaper serial in color from the mid-70s. This will pair nicely with the Batman/Two-Face set I own.
      That treasury was my only exposure to Dick Tracy as a kid other than when he popped up in Mad.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Sadly, my first REAL exposure to Dick Tracy was reairings of those VERY questionable 60s cartoons on Chicago's Bozo Show, on WGN. Even then I could tell what was really from the strip, and what was added by the animation company.
        sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Gad, how I wish these were Megos. Wonderful.

I read Dick Tracy in my local paper, an early story I recall was with Haf and Haf, which tied nicely with my childhood obsession with Two-Face. When the movie was released, I bought several reprint volumes.

Interestingly, the Penguin is possibly inspired by a Tracy villain, Broadway Bates.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

[QUOTE=PNGwynne;1495686]Gad, how I wish these were Megos. Wonderful.

I would like to see mego make Dick Tracy and some of his colorful enemies, I think they would sell well.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
              Career Member
              • Jan 19, 2019

[QUOTE=TrekStar;1495732]
              Originally posted by PNGwynne
              Gad, how I wish these were Megos. Wonderful.

I would like to see mego make Dick Tracy and some of his colorful enemies, I think they would sell well.
              I thought about customizing one as CTVT has everything for his outfit....the head though threw me off. The only one I can think of is Shazam from the Shazam series. But that would require me to buy a whole figure just for customizing...
              Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                Radioactive!
                • Feb 13, 2010

I made a Dick Tracy using using the Shazam head. With the hat on it looks perfect.

Comment

• J.B.
                  Guild Navigator
                  • Jun 23, 2010

Ahead of his time.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

[QUOTE=KingKickass1983;1495735]
                    Originally posted by TrekStar

I thought about customizing one as CTVT has everything for his outfit....the head though threw me off. The only one I can think of is Shazam from the Shazam series. But that would require me to buy a whole figure just for customizing...
                    Oh, you can buy just the Shazam head. That's what I did after I saw someone here create a great and easy custom.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎