Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

There's a great movie in WW 84 somewhere. In that regard, it's like Superman III and Supergirl. There are great moments, and the leads are always great, but the stew doesn't taste quite right. I think they would have been better off either going with Cheetah or the Max Lord story and not both.

I don't want to lose Gadot as Wonder Woman either. I'd like to see her return. I think the first film was so good (minus the kind of rote ending), I'd be willing to watch another WW film by Jenkins as well.

That message from Jenkins makes me think more of her as Wonder Woman's own Richard Donner. She gets it.
    sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I can't think of any superhero film where the secondary-villain subplot succeeds. It always feels diluted to me, even dismissive. Obviously a C-list foe can make a formidable henchman, but Cheetah is a pedigreed A-list WW foe.

Jenkins's message seems sincere, even earnest. I'm curious if it's also fence-mending.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Goblin19
        Talkative Member
        • May 2, 2002

I’d be happy to see her back as director, just not the writer. I think her message was very professional and seems quite honest.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

I don't get the hate WW84 gets. It was the 70s TV series with a budget and was a nice change after the dark demoralizing Ayn Rand Synderverse. I do NOT get the whole worship of the JL Synerdercut.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I viewed it more like an insane comic from the 1980s, most of the Snyderverse feels like 90s comics, so it had that going for it. Not as good as the first one but so what?
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Oh, I definitely prefer the feel of Wonder Woman 84 to the morose, navel-gazing approach Snyder insists on. I have never made it through the Snyder cut of JL.
              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

I love the Snyder JL version a BILLION times more than the abomination Joss Whedon version.

WW84 better than JL SNYDER Cut?

I DISAGREE A QUADRILLION TIMES!!!!

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                  I was thinking Chris Hemsworth as the latest Superman

Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

Snyder's three DC movies make compelling viewing, and although his overly dark, dour and sombre take on the characters isn't necessarily my favourite interpretation, his cut of Justice League really completes that three movie cycle in suitably epic style.

I do hope Gal Gadot continues as Wonder Woman in some capacity. The first WW movie was pretty good, although the second one was largely terrible.
                    But Gal is great in the role, just as Henry Cavill is great as Superman.
                    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Goblin19
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 2, 2002

I like the tone of the Wonder Woman movies, just not the WW84 script.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        Oh, I definitely prefer the feel of Wonder Woman 84 to the morose, navel-gazing approach Snyder insists on. I have never made it through the Snyder cut of JL.
                        I found the Snyder cut his most satisfying take on the DCU, it did not leave me wanting more of it, but I found it cohesive and, surprisingly, that it had heart.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

No more Henry Cavill as Superman…

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                            I found the Snyder cut his most satisfying take on the DCU, it did not leave me wanting more of it, but I found it cohesive and, surprisingly, that it had heart.
                            And that heart was Cyborg. A character that Josh Whedon sliced and diced. Thankfully Snyder redeemed Ray Fisher and gave him some respect with much added scenes and storytelling…things that Whedon had taken away.

Whedon is a rotten human being. Nothing but a bully. Glad he’s being slowly cancelled.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Dear Netflix. Fire Liam Hemsworth now…and get Henry Cavill back on The Witcher!!!!

sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

I'm sorry Henry Cavill will never get a chance to play the type of Superman he was obviously very capable of. But I can't really blame Gunn and Safran for wanting to go in a different direction, because ultimately the DCEU/Snyderverse is a financial failure. Event films like MoS, BVS, JL, and even Black Adam underperformed to one extent or another. Suicide Squad required an entire reboot. The Birds of Prey film came and went with little to no fanfare. Aquaman was a massive hit, defying all odds. Wonder Woman did well, and Shazam performed good enough to get a sequel. But the losses far outweight the successes. In sports terms...you'd fire that coach.

I don't know how they are going to sort out what worked with what didn't, especially since a Flash movie would be an easy way to reboot the universe and mix and match, but that of course is also problematic.

In all the news coming out, it may have been lost that the writer of the canceled Batgirl was also working on a Batman Beyond movie, and was asked to stop, as the project is shelved. This is apparently what Michael Keaton's appearances were leading up to. Now, who knows how much of Keaton will see? As much as I love Keaton, I would have rather bypassed any appearances in the suit, and just went straight to Batman Beyond, personally.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎