X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Wonder Woman 3 scrapped

well it was announced Patty Jenkins WW 3 has been scrapped. can't say i am sorry to hear it. The first movie was really good, but 1984 was just awful. Hopefully they gt someting else together and still use Gal Gadot as she was one of the few really standout characters in the DCU
  • Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002

You assessed it perfectly. Love the first one and the second was inexcusably lame. Hope they get someone else to helm it with Gal Gadot, who is terrific.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

This news saddens me a bit. I'd love to see DCCU WW take on Dr. Cyber or Dr. Pyscho, with perhaps Giganta as a minion. But I'm not surprised.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

I am waiting to hear what James Gunn has to say after talks with WB next week. To be truthful nobody knows what is cancelled and what is going on.

The DC movies/TV/web series needed somebody to take control of the reigns because they have NO idea what is going on
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

The way I heard it described was the Patty Jenkins latest treatment was rejected and that WW3 wouldn't be moving forward in its current form.

That leaves the door open for a new treatment by a different director to happen, but means they aren't pushing forward with production on the current project based on what they have seen from it.

It's semantics, but semantics seem to matter when parsing Hollywood speak.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

...and now the hoopla over the return of Henry Cavill's Superman may have been premature:

The Hollywood Reporter claims that the future of the DC Universe on film is in flux, with the third Wonder Woman film now dead in the water, and Henry Cavill's return as Superman very much in doubt. Even though Cavill made a return as Superman in the post-credits scene of "Black Adam," and then made

WB REALLY needs to get their head out of their butts. At this point, I don't think anyone has any idea who's head is in what butt, even!
            sigpic

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

^^ I read that about Cavill this morning as well.

WB/DC is like watching a slow train crash.....
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

yeah i read that about Cavill as well. he had said a few weeks ago that there was no actual deal for his return. who the hell knows what is going on at WB

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

For the new overlords:

There’s been a palpable level of excitement in the air among comic book movie fans since October’s announcement that James Gunn — the architect of Marvel’s hit Guardians of the Galaxy series who’s also brought his irreverent touch to DC properties like The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker — was being named co-chairman of DC Studios alongside veteran producer Peter Safran.

Was DC finally, finally going to have a visionary in place (see Marvel’s longtime cap Kevin Feige) to create a cohesive roadmap for Warner Bros.’ wildly inconsistent superhero universe?

That’ll take years to know, but the Gunn honeymoon hit a rough patch Wednesday with some fierce fan backlash to a story from The Hollywood Reporter that claims DC is spiking a third Wonder Woman movie directed by Patty Jenkins and starring Gal Gadot. (Update: The Wrap reported Thursday that Jenkins left the project after refusing studio notes from Warner Bros. — not Gunn and Safran — on a treatment she turned in.)

The THR article also cited rumors that DC’s new brass could be officially closing the door on the Snyderverse, cancelling a long-rumored Man of Steel 2 (which would be all the more surprising considering Henry Cavill’s much-ballyhooed return to the role in Black Adam) and sunsetting the Jason Momoa-led Aquaman series after next December’s Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. It also questions whether DC will invite Dwayne Johnson back for more action in light of recent reports that Black Adam is struggling to break even.

Gunn responded to the report — and ostensibly the blowback — with a series of tweets on Thursday.

“So. As for the story yesterday in [The Hollywood Reporter], some of it is true, some of it is half-true, some of it is not true, [and] some of it we haven’t decided yet whether it’s true or not,” wrote Gunn, clearly attempting to calm the overzealous fans in his mentions, while clearly also not able to show much of his hand only weeks into his new tenure.

“Although this first month at DC has been fruitful, building the next ten years of story takes time and we’re still just beginning,” Gunn continued. “Peter [and] I chose to helm DC Studios knowing we were coming into a fractious environment, both in the stories being told [and] in the audience itself [and] there would be an unavoidable transitional period as we moved into telling a cohesive story across film, TV, animation, and gaming.

“But, in the end, the drawbacks of that transitional period were dwarfed by the creative possibilities [and] the opportunity to build upon what has worked in DC so far [and] to help rectify what has not. We know we are not going to make every single person happy every step of the way, but we can promise everything we do is done in the service of the STORY [and] in the service of the DC CHARACTERS we know you cherish and we have cherished our whole lives. As for more answers about the future of the DCU, I will sadly have to ask you to wait. We are giving these characters & the stories the time [and] attention they deserve [and] we ourselves still have a lot more questions to ask & answer.”
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Wee67
                    Museum Correspondent
                    • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                    For the new overlords:

"
                    Was DC finally, finally going to have a visionary in place (see Marvel’s longtime cap Kevin Feige) to create a cohesive roadmap for Warner Bros.’ wildly inconsistent superhero universe?"
                    It's been rumored that WBD sees the answer to their mixed DC performances lying in finding their own Kevin Feige. I hope Gunn can provide some sort of direction to this absolute clusterf$%k. As good as Feige has been, I don't know that all of Marvel's success is the result of one man.

Having worked for a company that was bought by Disney AND working for Disney when they bought Marvel, the one thing they are pretty good about is NOT trying to come in and change everything at a successful company. In fact, Disney tends to lean in on the things that made the company attractive to buy in the first place. I remember setting up a couple meetings with the people at Marvel for... you know, synergy and such. It was definitely not so we could geek over superhero talk! Anyway, I remember them telling me how Marvel was such a small company but Disney let their core of people heavily influence the creative direction of Marvel, including the continuation of Marvel Studios, while Disney took over the business aspects like production, marketing and merchandising. Hopefully, WBD will give Gunn the freedom AND the support to create a unifying vision for DC.
                    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

Dwayne Johnson talked too much about this and that is going to happen and DC is miffed at him for doing so. But I trust James Gunn and will see what he brings. I was thinking Chris Hemsworth as the latest Superman and Cavill can be Captain Britian or Sentry or Hyperion.

Comment

• Goblin19
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 2, 2002

Scrapping Momoa would be a mistake. Aquaman was wildly successful. Likewise, scrapping Gal Gadot would be a mistake, but having Patty Jenkins write another WW would also likely be a mistake. I’d be happy if she returned to direct. Personally, I really want Cavill to have a chance at a fun Superman. He has a lot of charisma and would be well served by a more lighthearted approach.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Will Gunn want Momoa to pull double duty as Lobo and Aquaman?
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

Aquaman grossed $1.148 billion worldwide, making it the highest-grossing DCEU film, the highest-grossing film based on a DC Comics character, and the fifth-highest-grossing film of 2018. So I cannot see them doing away with Aquaman movies.

Patty Jenkins is tired out the rumor mill:
                            ww3.jpg
                            Last edited by monitor_ep; Dec 13, '22, 10:20 PM.
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

So...I finally saw the last half of WW84 on cable Monday.

Lame and contrived? Somewhat. WW flying? I have NEVER liked that.

But, some good performances and messaging, I thought so. Messaging has always been integral to WW. Decent, sometimes belabored effects, and the same might be said of the script.

The cheesiness struck me as part of the '80s vibe. We all sat thorough Superman II, III, and Supergirl and they weren't great either, but '80s me found some fun in them. It seemed a comic-book story--if it had been a comic, I'd have read the heck out of it and enjoyed it.

So, not great but not nearly as awful as I expected. If I'd seen all of it, I might feel differently lol. But I want to see more Gadot as WW.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎