X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Holly Hobby and Fonzie Radios by Vanity Fair

Vanity Fair made some unique licensed radios and turntables in the 70s. I particularly love the wrist radio (used for things like James Bond and Space: 1999) for Holly Hobby is surreal. However, it is all redeemed by the Fonzie jukebox, which functions as a prop for your Mego figures.         The […]
    The post Holly Hobby and Fonzie Radios by Vanity Fair appeared first on PS.

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, that Holly Hobbie wrist radio is beyond insane. It's like having a Star Trek-branded flintlock pistol or something.

BUT, in the 70s, Holly Hobbie was put on EVERYTHING. Either the license was cheap, or it was that popular, or both.
    sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Just the other day, I had to pull up an image of Holly Hobby to explain a comment I made to my wife. We spotted a girl on campus (we live on the campus of Boston University) wearing a baggy pair of patchwork boyfriend jeans. I said, "Check out her Holly Hobby jeans." without really thinking she might not understand the reference. I mean, she's not that much younger than me (7 years) and, as Chris notes, Holly was ubiquitous in the 70s. She did remember Holly when she saw the picture. I forget sometimes how she was just a toddler when I was grooving to Megos and Monkees reruns.

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

All Holly Hobby stuff, my 5 year old daughter would LOVE it right now. I'd sport the radio and phonograph. Great stuff!

Comment

• SeattleEd
          SynthoRes Transmigrator
          • Oct 24, 2007

My dad had a pair of these and I loved them! Wife and I saw a young girl wearing a pair of patchwork pants, which we refer to Wiz pants because they showed up in the movie The Wiz, which is currently popular in Seattle because the Broadway tour just came through, and I told wife that I would love to wear a trucker denim jacket made of patchwork but in blacks and greys tone.

Originally posted by Wee67
          Just the other day, I had to pull up an image of Holly Hobby to explain a comment I made to my wife. We spotted a girl on campus (we live on the campus of Boston University) wearing a baggy pair of patchwork boyfriend jeans. I said, "Check out her Holly Hobby jeans." without really thinking she might not understand the reference. I mean, she's not that much younger than me (7 years) and, as Chris notes, Holly was ubiquitous in the 70s. She did remember Holly when she saw the picture. I forget sometimes how she was just a toddler when I was grooving to Megos and Monkees reruns.

Comment

• mike69
            Museum Super Collector
            • May 4, 2011

I had a James Bond 007 wrist radio just like the Holly Hobbie one.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎