X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silveralex
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 22, 2012

Colored Hands for Tye-S bodies

Just curious if "regular" Mego or FTC hands can be made to work on Type-S bodies?
    I'm converting various Mattel and other characters to Type-S and want to match their colored hands (I currently am using the mattel hands/forearms but can get new colored hands if needed)
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

FTC has various colored Type S bodies and they do sell the hands separately, although it looks like it is just the fists and trigger/grapple hands, unfortunately.

I will use electrical tape to bulk up the posts of the regular hands (color doesn't matter as you won't see the posts) and then they fit nice and tight in the Type S forearms.

Comment

• darkbros
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 3, 2012

As others have mentioned, in applying new hands to any 1:9th body, heat shrink tubing is your friend.

I order this pack off amazon. 1/7" and 1/8" is what your looking for, but the others have great uses around the house as well.

simply place over the stem, cut with an exacto to fit, dunk in boiling water for about 10 seconds or so, then apply.
      Whether Mego Type 2 or Type-S forearm, it makes the hands fit snug and no worries of coming out.
      Last edited by darkbros; Dec 22, '22, 6:38 PM.
      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• silveralex
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 22, 2012

Thanks both for the info!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰