X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Monitor_EP version of Presidential Monsters: Doctor Benjamin Franklinstein

Whatever happened to the ReMego Lineup called Presidential Monsters? With the resurgence of Mego and with FTC releasing Presidents of the United States, the original line seems dead.

Since this line is deader than the Presidents it was digging up to continue this line, I decided that since I have been making more than my share of ReMego Monsters why not preform my own resurrection into this lineup. Awhile back I was lucky to get 2 sets of the Hero Of The America Revolution knock-off Megos. Along with them included Benjamin Franklin. So I finally found more equipment for my Lab so and after taking this week's Svengoolie photo I thought its time to get started on this collection.

Presidential Monsters: Doctor Benjamin Franklinstein
    Here is the inspiration from the prototype and original figure:
    Doctor Benjamin Franklinstein.jpghero of the american revolution Benjamin Franklin.jpg

Here is my version. Like the Mego-Knockoff Star Raiders, the actual doll is blow mold. Most people just switched them over to Mego bodies. So I went with NeMego Cheers Norm. The heads do not have neck post so they do fit on the newer Mego bodies. I did repaint the hair (it was black) to match the prototype and painted the scar and aged him.
    Presidential Monsters Doctor Benjamin Franklinstein 1.jpg

Presidential Monsters Doctor Benjamin Franklinstein 2.jpg

Ben is working on his own monster...

Presidential Monsters Doctor Benjamin Franklinstein 4.jpg

Too be truthful this was an easy character that worked because the Palisades Muppets Lab 2002 came in and it now helps expand the Frankenstein lab. Without the lab this wouldn't have work as well. I do have plans to do more based on the prototypes and create new ones as time come around.
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Dec 2, '22, 2:14 AM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

FTC has tons of fodder for this too. Cool idea and figure
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Really nice job on the figure. And that Muppets lab works great for your mad scientist lair!

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

Yes, fun, carry on!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡